We are looking for an experienced Android engineer who is passionate about building modern, scalable applications, and will take ownership of the full product feature cycle from design to delivery.
Key parts of the workflow are ingestion, transcoding of various video and audio live/VOD assets, personalized processing, and distribution across the world to end-users, while allowing collaboration among users, all in real-time. This group is taking full responsibility for providing end-to-end social interaction functionalities on multiple platforms including web, smart TVs, iOS, Android, PlayStation, and Xbox.
As our new Senior Android Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Designing and developing our cutting-edge products, delivered to millions of sports fans around the world.
- Be an essential part of a team working in a fast B2C paste product delivery pipeline.
- Work with the most talented individual on features that cross platforms, languages, and protocols to deliver social engagement to sports fans.
- Learn from the best in the field, and teach others.
- Own the full product feature cycle from being a part of the product brainstorming through all dev cycles and up to take the responsibility for the feature when rolled to production.
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent.
- At least 4 years of experience in Android Kotlin/Java development.
- Experience with RxJava development.
- Senior-level understanding of design patterns and architectures.
- Extensive knowledge in UI/UX development.
- Verse in 3rd party libraries and solutions.
- Senior-level understanding of server-client fundamentals.
- Senior-level understanding of multithreading.
- Experience in writing unit tests.
- Conduct design and code reviews.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Can-do attitude!
Even better if you have:
- Experience in writing automation tests.
- Experience with ExoPlayer.
- Continuous integration tools and practices.
- Familiarity with agile software development.
- Experienced with OpenGL, high-performance rendering, mobile device, digital AV, video and audio codecs, and media players.