Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
Providing a great mobile user experience is crucial to us, and we’re looking for a talented senior Android developer to help us build native Android applications. At Toptal we apply state-of-the-art technologies to build world-class applications that are a joy to use and work on. We don’t cut corners, and we don’t make compromises. In this position, you will be working closely with the best designers, back-end, and mobile developers to create beautiful Android apps that are polished, fast, well-tested, and a joy to use.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
You will design, write, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable native Android code for our mobile apps. Together with the team, you will work on all phases of application development: from translating professional designs into a working app to suggesting new ideas, to making our solutions cutting-edge. You will ensure our app has an extensible and future-proof architecture of the application
In the first week, expect to:
- Join our Mobile team and begin your introduction to Toptal.
- Become familiar with our product portfolio and team structure.
- Review our detailed Toptal Engineering Documentation to become familiar with our working processes.
In the first month, expect to:
- Deliver your first features and improvements to the Android app.
- Participate in team meetings and take part in decisions about the future of the application.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Have a full understanding of the entire workflow of the app and the future.
- Become an advisor on architectural decisions.
- Mentor other engineers on Android development.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Have your application available to users.
- Make suggestions for improvements based on data and feedback.
- Help the team to maintain speed, efficiency, and happiness.
In the first year, expect to:
- Have a 360° understanding of the short and long-term goals of all applications you own.
- Continue driving technical and product excellence of the team.
- At least 5 years of professional native Android experience.
- Excellent understanding of Clean Architecture and design patterns and ability to apply them successfully to real-life problems.
- Good command of Kotlin and ability to write idiomatic Kotlin code.
- Experience with both UI and unit testing.
- Ability to continuously improve code and architecture quality in line with new or changing requirements.
- Good understanding of Gradle build system is a plus.
- Familiarity with Kotlin Multi Platform is a plus.
- Willingness to search for novel, successful approaches to challenges.
- Familiarity with popular libraries like Dagger2, Kotlin Coroutines, Jetpack suite (Android Architecture Components, AppCompat, Material Components for Android, Espresso).
- Be eager to help your teammates, share your knowledge with them, and learn from them.
- Thrive on providing and receiving honest but always constructive feedback.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
Toptal je globalna mreža vrhunskih talenata u poslu, dizajnu i tehnologiji koja omogućava kompanijama da skaliraju svoje timove na zahtev. Sa 200 miliona dolara godišnjeg prihoda i preko 40% rasta u odnosu na prošlu godinu, Toptal je najveća distribuirana radna snaga na svetu.