Introducing Arcadis Gen
Are you interested in joining a start up with bold global ambitions, that already has the backing of, a €3+ billion revenue, 27000+ person organisation operating in over 70 countries, that has deep market sector insights in collective design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services?
We are creating a new entity focused upon accelerating the investment and development of digital solutions which support the asset lifecycle and will position Arcadis as a digital front runner in the fields of digitized asset management, cities and mobility. Our focus is upon accelerating our ability to bring highly scalable digital propositions quickly and seamlessly to both existing and new Arcadis clients across the globe.
We have a clear vision that will enable us to rapidly scale our existing digital capabilities and innovate based on the identified underserved demand in the market, by creating industry leading products, platforms and solutions. Our strategy to become more digitally focused has already seen the acquisition of two digital asset management companies to build on our existing digital capabilities from the Arcadis technology division, all of which will form the foundations of this new digital entity.
Arcadis Gen’s Product & Technology domain is developing a number of new desktop and mobile products with automated testing being a key part of the development process. Technical teams produce unit/integration tests as part of their standard workflow but we have a strong need for a Senior Automated Test Engineer to develop automated scenario tests to interact with application screens directly.
Our Product & Technology department have developed their own in-house testing framework that is focused on browser testing and enhancement to provide specific utilities for Maximo based web applications. This framework is under constant development and now needs extending to support automatic scenario testing of mobile application screens via Appium.
Core responsibilities include:
Development of Automated Testing Framework: The Product & Technology domain’s testing framework is to be extended to support the testing of mobile application screens via Appium. The role will work closely within the framework product owner to develop the capabilities to support this. The senior role is expected to feed into this design considerably.
Writing Automated Tests: The role will be expected to use the extended framework to write automated scenario/screen tests for mobile applications with Appium and Cucumber.
Story Estimation: Adding storypoint estimates against configuration activities (user stories, features or improvements) and ensuring the assigned storypoints are delivered according to the Sprint schedule.
Collobaration: The senior automated test engineer will closely with product owners and architecture owners to ensure full test coverage is delivered according to sprint requirements. The role will also mentor junior testing roles in their framework mobile extensions and good practice for test script development.
- Extend internal testing framework to support mobile application testing using Appium or similar.
- Demonstrations of, and documentation for, mobile application testing.
- Translation of functional requirements to test scripts and scenarios. Creation of test plans.
- Develop, maintain and execute automated scripts
- Execute different types of tests such as functional, load, stress, security and regression tests.
- Monitor test execution, gather metrics and provide reports to the team or management.
- Participate in designing and building testing framework and defining testing standards.
Key Relationships, Collaborations and Connections
- This role will work within one or more scrum technical teams, reporting to Architecture Owners within the Products & Technology domain. They will be expected to take directions from product owners, especially the product owner of the testing framework.
- It will collaborate closely with other sub domains with the P&T Domain and Infrastructure Engineering Services:
- Product Owners
- Technical Architects
- Development/Technical Team
- Infrastructure Engineers
- Scrum Masters
- Scrum Team Members
What We Are Looking For
The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background with good problem-solving skills. They will have demonstrable skills/knowledge in the area of automated testing, specifically of mobile applications using technologies such as Appium and Cucumber. These technologies are preferred but skills in similar will be considered. The candidate will have enough experience to take the lead on the design of the mobile extensions to our testing framework, and mentor a junior role to write scenario test scripts using best practices. They will also be proficient in designing test scripts to ensure good functional coverage.
The candidate must be a self-starter who will plan and prioritize their work effectively to deliver across several small scrum teams.
- Fluent in English Language.
- 5+ years of experience with testing web and mobile applications.
- Understanding of mobile and web architectures, software development and networking.
- Excellent knowledge of testing methodologies, design and implementation.
- Ability to design test cases and test plans.
- Experience in bug tracking tools (Jira), test case management tools (XRay) and test automation tools (Selenium, Appium, JMeter and SoapUI).
Desirable Experience and Qualifications
- Graduate education in a relevant degree or subsequent applicable work history
- Experience of agile methodology: SCRUM and Continuous Integration
Who Are We?
At Gen we have a mantra which is to be Bold, Agile and to deliver Accelerated Growth, this focuses our efforts and defines the way in which we will deliver to the market.
Our spirit, makes us unique, binds us together and sits at the very essence of who we are and how we ‘show’ up.
- Our fear of failure is mitigated by a thirst for positive disruption.
- We demonstrate intellectual humility – we can admit we are wrong and may change our options often, when new information or insights come to hand.
- We value talent, skill & knowledge but prize agility and adaptability above all else.
- We are optimists believing that we can and we will always find a way…..mindset matters.
We are motivated and driven by:
- An entrepreneurial spirit and desire to be inventive and free from tight organizational constraints.
- A desire to learn and grow, to push and challenge ourselves and to test the limits of our potential.
- To attempt the extraordinary, motivated to achieve even in the face of set back or obstacle.
- To collaborate, pursuing shared rather than individual goals, believing that we do our best work when we default to ‘open’ rather than ‘closed’.
- Playing a role on the global stage, leading and influencing the future of our industry and sector and by deeply understanding the needs of our clients.
Leadership at Gen
Leadership at Gen is not based on principles of power and control but rather on encouraging self-determination, experimentation and creativity. Our leaders actively:
- Encourage experimentation: The role of a leader is not to reduce risks or prevent failures, but to create an environment resilient enough to take these risks and handle the missteps.
- Instill trust: Silos are the enemy of agility, to be truly agile requires foundations built on trust, discipline and single-minded focus, collaboration and transparency are essential to success.
- Cultivate diversity of thought: Believe that different views, healthy debate and respectful conflict are good things, they are the catalysts for creativity & will fuel our innovation
Who is Arcadis
ARCADIS is the leading global natural and built asset design and consultancy firm working in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. ARCADIS differentiates through its talented and passionate people and its unique combination of capabilities covering the whole asset life cycle, its deep market sector insights and its ability to integrate health & safety and sustainability into the design and delivery of solutions across the globe. We are a multi-billion business that employees 27,000+ people globally. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. Please visit: www.arcadis.com.
Equal Opportunity Statement
The community of the future is a place for everyone, and Arcadis is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment is based on merit and business need.