Hopin is seeking a Back-end Platform Engineer who is self-driven, passionate and ambitious! We're looking for someone with strong experience in building developer tooling, setting up developer processes (CI/CD, Logging, Monitoring) as well as architecting systems that allow multiple engineering teams to collaborate without friction.
We're excited to be working with someone who is highly motivated, comfortable in a fast-paced start-up environment and is happy to work with a remote team. We're currently more than 50 and growing.
- Work with other team members designing and delivering tooling and processes for our developers.
- Have a strong focus on automation and efficiency.
- Think strategically about how to evolve our products.
- Have a desire and ability to solve open-ended problems in a highly-functional way.
- Collaborate effectively with other team members to find solutions to problems.
- Accountable for all parts of the software development lifecycle.
- Participates in code reviews and actively provides feedback on others’ designs/code.
- Makes tactical vs. strategic tradeoffs.
- 5+ years of experience working in a commercial environment doing Full-stack or Back-end software development
- Demonstrate experience in DevOps
- Demonstrate experience in software architecture
- Demonstrable experience learning new technologies on your own.
- Experience with Docker.
- Experience with Microservices architecture
- Experience with AWS or GCP.
- Familiar with SQL databases, either PostgreSQL or MySQL.
- Knowledge in best practices for the whole software development cycle (TDD/CI/CD) and agile methodologies.
- Good knowledge of version control.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools.
- Great written and spoken English.
- Able to work directly with business stakeholders - can articulate business needs and translate them into technology solutions.
- Comfort with collaboration, reaching across teams, and focusing on business outcomes.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Redis or Memcache.
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Knowledge of Git and GitHub.
- Experience with Observability tools
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote team, work from any corner of the world
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Windows
- 800 USD for Home-Office set up
At Hopin, we're committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It's essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn't just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.