We are building a search platform for a leading on-demand digital printing marketplace (fabric, wallpaper, bedding, home decor, etc.) that has one of the largest digital design databases. Searching among millions of options is one of the key functionality on the website that connects makers and consumers with artists worldwide.
We are looking for a Back-end Software Engineer to join our search team where you have the opportunity to work directly with product teams and make a direct impact on search algorithms, UX, and platform evolution. You will face a variety of challenges, including the typical marketplace problems with poor product attribution, as well as the fact that customers are looking for pretty much everything on our website.
At the same time, by joining Grid Dynamics, you will be working in a community of engineers who are experienced in building search and recommendation engines for many tier-1 US retailers.
As a back-end engineer you will:
- Work on search relevance problems which includes development of various search & filtering features, query understanding & ranking approaches, as well as analysis & tuning relevance formula and models.
- Ship features to production and run A/B tests.
- Work on performance optimization and testing.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has at least 3 years of experience in Java
- Has strong knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
- Has some experience with AWS or other clouds such as GCP or Azure.
- Familiar with Linux and Docker, has experience with building, deploying, and debugging production systems.
Would be a plus:
- Experience in building information retrieval systems.
- ElasticSearch, Solar.
- NodeJS & Typescript.
- Competitive salary
- Work on bleeding-edge projects in a team of experienced and motivated developers and QA engineers
- Flexible working hours
- Business trips to the USA
- Health insurance, a benefits package, company-sponsored conferences, vacations
- Well-equipped office located in the center of the city
Grid Dynamics is an engineering services company known for transformative, mission-critical cloud solutions for the retail, finance, and technology sectors. We architected some of the busiest e-commerce services on the Internet and have never had an outage during the peak season. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in San Ramon, California with offices throughout the US and Eastern Europe, we focus on big data analytics, data science, scalable omnichannel services, DevOps, and cloud enablement.