Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world's largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we're growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent. Let's change the way the world thinks about money! Join the revolution!
About the Role
This is a fully remote role, we will consider applicants based in North America, South America and EMEA
Our Engineering team is having a blast while delivering the most sophisticated crypto-trading platform out there. Help us continue to define and lead the industry.
As part of Kraken's Core Backend team, you will work within a world-class team of engineers building Kraken's infrastructure using Rust. As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will bring your own technical expertise and help design new services, and port legacy ones into Rust. You will carry projects from initial requirements, implementation, up to production.
- Design and implementation of Micro-services in Rust
- Port legacy Micro-services to Rust
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Implementation of security and data protection systems
- Write highly scalable, high volume services
- Create optimized database schemas
- At least 10 years of experience in software engineering
- Experience writing network services or asynchronous code in Rust
- Experience using a Linux server environment
- Ability to independently debug problems involving the network and operating system
- Leadership in defining technical requirements and drive projects through to completion
A strong candidate will also
- Assume technical responsibility of complex backend systems, identify opportunities for system improvement
- Act as technical leader, mentor junior engineers and ensure best practices are adhered to
- Be familiar with deployment using Docker
- Have experience with system languages (C, C++, Go) and/or strongly typed programming (OCaml, Haskell, Rust)
- Be knowledgeable about distributed systems and technologies (gRPC, Kafka, NoSQL, SQL, Redis, ...)
- Be passionate about secure, reliable and fast software
- Be familiar with PHP
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.