Funding Options are looking for a talented Senior Backend Engineer to help reimagine and reinvent how small businesses discover and access the right financial products for their needs.
If you have excellent programming skills and a passion for developing applications or improving existing ones, we would like to meet you. As a Backend Engineer, you’ll work closely with our engineers to ensure system consistency and improve user experience. Ultimately, you should be able to develop and maintain functional and stable web applications to meet our company’s needs.
We work in an agile fashion, small cross functional squads, with daily stand-ups and fortnightly retrospectives. You’ll bring new ideas, and become an integral part of the process of continuously improving our product.
Our stack includes - Python, AWS environments (including Lambda & Fargate), Terraform, CircleCI, React / Gatsby, Sentry and Google BigQuery / Stitch / Metabase.
- Maintain and extend existing services and build new services where appropriate
- Help to define architectures
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle, focusing on coding and debugging
- Write clean code to develop functional web applications
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Help to improve the product by following, assessing and selecting emerging technologies
- Proven work experience as a Back-end developer
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment)
- Hands on experience with AWS and programming languages like Python: Django, FastAPI, Flask
- Experience working in Scrum or Agile development
- Teamwork skills with a problem-solving attitude
- An understanding of Salesforce integration would be a bonus
Even if you’re not completely confident you fit our exact criteria, please get in touch.