The world is changing at an accelerating rate and understanding the shifting landscapes has never been more critical. Primer is the premier artificial-intelligence powered platform that allows humans to get information that they need, instantly, in ways that until now have not been possible. We believe that truth is knowable; our mission is to free the curious to be their most human. We are building machines that can read natural language text documents, understand them, correlate them into events, and share what they learn by writing their own natural language text documents.
At Primer we use machine learning and natural language processing to automate the analysis of very large corpora of unstructured text. We build systems that read documents, extract insights, and write reports comparable to those of a human analyst. Our objective is to help our customers understand the world around them –– from geopolitical events and scientific research to changes in the risk profiles of companies. Our clients include some of the world’s largest corporations, financial institutions, and government agencies. You can learn more about Primer's technology and the sort of problems we solve at our blog, as well as recent media coverage of our work.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to make a wide impact on our tooling, coding standards, and codebase. Primer believes in creating an environment that encourages and creates opportunities for growth. Whether it’s helping create and contribute to a set of architectural principles, or pushing us to adopt high-impact OSS, we need engineers to help us make those decisions.
From your first day, you’ll drive the technical implementation of a major feature. You might...
- design and build horizontally scalable microservices to ingest, analyze, and understand documents
- design an information retrieval architecture combining document, graph, and entity search
- develop APIs that showcase our technology stack and enable third-party integrations
- contribute to the back-end and front-end of immersive user experiences that render complex data in a comprehensible way
- Evaluate, adopt, and contribute back to open-source software to build out the Primer technology stack
Experiences we like
- Expertise in Python, GoLang, or Java (Python preferred)
- Experience leading commercial software technical projects end-to-end in an agile environment on any major cloud provider (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc)
- Experience with data ingestion and processing systems at scale - online, streaming, or batch
- 4+ years of shipping commercial software (SaaS, or PaaS) to third parties outside your company (At least two major release cycles, including learnings from bugs you and the team have had to fix).
- Data-driven engineering; using metrics to drive decisions and inform performance/cost tradeoffs
- Hands-on DevOps experience with cloud infrastructure
- Experience with ElasticSearch, Redis, Postgres, and Graph DBs
What We Offer
- Rapidly growing company, with opportunities for growth into leadership roles
- Health, Dental, Vision Benefits
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Smart, engaged co-workers who are at the top of their game
- Honest and open environment for exchange of ideas
- Real customers with global name recognition + healthy sales pipeline
- Proactive learning and teaching opportunities via individual book allowances, tech talks, and brown bag lunches
- Twice weekly catered lunches
- Team outings and bi-weekly company happy hours
- Fun, puzzle-loving office in the SF Financial District
Primer is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.
Deadline for applications: 08.06.2022.
Izrađujemo mašine koje mogu čitati i pisati, automatizujući analizu vrlo velikih skupova podataka. Primer-ovu tehnologiju primenjuju neke od najvećih svetskih državnih agencija, finansijskih institucija i kompanija Fortune 50.
Njihova misija je da ubrzaju naše razumevanje sveta.