We’re on a mission to change the relocation industry. Our vision? A moving experience that’s seamless and stress-free. (The way it should be.)
Our next-gen tech helps corporations with employee relocations, moving companies book moves, move coaches get conversions, and everyone deliver exceptional customer service. We offer end-to-end solutions for corporate relocation, supplier bidding, and payments. Our video survey tool is recognized by customers globally as the best way to empower relocatees in the moving process.
Based in the SF Bay Area, we have our European hubs in Belgrade, Serbia and Banja Luka, Bosnia and Herzegovina, and team members all around the world.
We’ve raised our Series A round, and are growing rapidly! You can learn more about us at shyftmoving.com.
About the Position
Shyft is looking for a highly motivated backend engineering generalist to join our ranks and own the next generation of our video survey SaaS product.
Shyft’s video survey SaaS product allows Relocation Management Company clients, as well as Shyft’s internal team of Move Coaches, to schedule and conduct live video interviews with relocatees. In turn, Shyft generates inventories of their household goods and then sources fair and accurate quotes from moving companies when it’s time to move. These inventories are then routed through internal (and external) quoting teams and end up in our proprietary moving company marketplace. Several Shyft apps hook into this process to empower relocatees to access Shyft’s product “self serve” through the App Store, Google Play, and directly from the web.
We need a backend generalist who is able to proactively solve and deploy transformational changes to our SaaS products. Success is defined as being able to proactively imagine and execute a modular, extensible project structure while ensuring that day to day live operations of the products are not adversely affected.
This role reports to the Director of Engineering.
- Architect, code, and ship a relaunch of our SaaS offering
- Analyze and synthesize requirements from multiple stakeholders including sales, cubing, pricing, and external clients who are paying Shyft for a live service
- Solution according to best practices of software development -- including diligence in code reviews, unit testing, and integration testing as part of the CI/CD process
- Communicate solution scope and potentially tradeoffs vertically with the Product Management team, and cross-functionally with the other engineering teams
- Work through vendor documentation and pricing options, communicating directly at times, to optimize efficiency and deliver value
- Work with designs at different levels of completion to provide domain expertise and shape the requirements with the product department
- Actively learn the technical details and use cases of the current SaaS offering, and ask the questions that you need to be successful
- Collaborate with engineers in different departments working on different projects to onboard and integrate on different initiatives related to SaaS
- 5+ years of Backend Engineering experience in consumer or enterprise software development, including 2+ shipped projects end-to-end
- 3+ years of experience using C# /.NET (Web API, MVC, .NET Core)
- A stickler for data-driven design and best practices
- Strong experience using CI/CD tools (Jenkins, TFS, Team City, Octopus Deploy, etc.)
- Experience with virtualization and container platforms such as Hyper-V, VMWare, Docker
- Knowledgeable of configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet, DSC
- Mastery of deploying and running services on cloud infrastructure platforms (Azure, AWS, etc.)
- Mastery of configuring and administering relational (e.g. MSSQL) and/or NoSQL databases
- Ability to work in all networking protocols (ISO/OSI, routing, firewall, VPN)
- Strong understanding of Agile software development
- Expert at Git
- STEM undergraduate degree required
- Background in payments or SaaS
- Masters Degree