Advania is a leading Nordic IT-provider serving thousands of corporate clients in the public and private sectors. Advania was founded in 1939 and has over 1200 employees in Scandinavia. We operate in all aspects of society, providing a wide range of IT-services, platforms, cloud solutions and support to multinational enterprises, governments, big, small and medium sized businesses. Our mission is to help our clients to simplify IT-infrastructure, enhance functionality and reduce costs. We focus on creating value for clients by spotting opportunities for clever and strategic use of IT, finding the right solution for each client and fitting it perfectly to the client’s needs.
Senior Backup Administrator
We wish to hire an ambitious, experienced individual with a natural talent for interacting with customers and great interest in all things IT. You will be joining a team of over 7 skilled people with extensive knowledge of infrastructure services. Our responsibilities are to manage and maintain Advania internal hosting environment, backup, storage and virtual infrastructure. We are a united group with a common goal to offer outstanding customer service and safe and reliable IT environments.
The role is primarily responsible for fulfilling day to day backup operations and backup/recovery, jobs monitoring and troubleshooting failures. In addition, has accountability for ensuring data integrity, and providing detailed documentation of operational procedures. Design, implement and administer backup, replication, and disaster recovery solutions. Applicants must have fundamental knowledge in Microsoft technologies, virtualization, storage and networking. We work according to ITIL procedures and it is considered an advantage to have experience of working in such an environment.
- 3+ years experience of backup operations, especially related to Veeam products
- 5+ years in the Information Technology industry
- Strong skills with Veeam.
- Veeam certified
- Strong product knowledge of Microsoft technologies and Office 365
- Some understanding of Linux
- Hypervisor technology specifically VMware & Hyper-V
- Disaster Recovery skills for the above
- PowerShell or other scripting knowledge
- Storage and Tape Solutions
- Fundamental networking knowledge – IP, DNS, IP routing, network address translation etc
- Understanding and knowledge of physical infrastructure along with Virtualization Technologies
- Knowledge/Understanding of good information security practice from a technical and management perspective
- Demonstrable knowledge of ITIL
- Understanding of encryption in the backups space (software and hardware)
- Some experience using Project/Issue tracking tools, such as ServiceNow/Jira
- Self-Driven Individual with the capability to break out of their comfort zone and technology area
- Ability to multitask in a busy environment, show initiative and proactively take on responsibilities and challenges
- Ability to solve problems independently and quickly
- Positive and able to understand and anticipate customer needs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English is a requirement
What we offer
- Work with highly motivated, talented and professional team
- Good working environment
- Competitive salary
- Private health insurance
- Flexible working hours
- Website www.advania.rs