Senior C++ Developer
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the platform
Prophet is a leading risk management platform used by the financial services industry around the world to model companies’ financial business.
The Calculation Engine is used by Prophet Professional and Prophet Enterprise systems to perform actuarial calculations split across multiple machines. It will be used by new Prophet SaaS system in the distributed environment. It is undergoing major enhancements and you will be involved with updating it to keep up with the latest actuarial modelling practices and technology improvements using C++.
What you will be doing
As Senior Software Engineer you will research, design, and develop technical solutions for Prophet Calculation Engine. You will be involved in the full software development lifecycle, from design through to implementation, testing, production, and maintenance.
- Hands on code development for customizations and extensions to software
- Interact with product managers to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications
- Working with peers to plan, implement, test and document the desired functionality
- Develop innovative ideas and solutions for projects
- Promote collaboration and learning culture
What you bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 5 years of work experience
- Experience with C++/STL Software development
- Experience in full software development lifecycle
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivation, strong initiative, good time management skills
- Willingness to work in/build an Agile team
- Very good level of English
Added bonus if you have
- With C++11/14; Boost; C++ Compilers – Microsoft, Intel or GNU
- With SQL, NoSQL, Distributed Storage / File Systems; Cloud e.g. Azure, Amazon
- With XML/JSON; Multi-threading; Sockets; Windows SDK; Grid/HPC/Cluster; GPU
- With Visual Studio, Intel Vtune / Inspector; TDD e.g. Microsoft Test Framework / CPPUNIT
- In finance/insurance; Design Patterns; Agile/iterative
- With C#
What we offer you
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- Competitive salary and attractive range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing (including private healthcare, 27 days of vacation, work from home – 4 days per month, etc.)
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset
Ready to start your journey with us?
We look forward to receiving your application. Please use only the button below in order to apply (only complete online applications will be considered).
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the FIS Online Privacy Notice.