Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the platform:
Prophet is a leading risk management platform used by the financial services industry around the world to model companies’ financial business.
Our team is starting new Prophet SaaS project. It will be the system with single web interface and microservices run in docker containers on Cloud. It’ll enable the execution of processes that perform in depth calculations based upon the actuarial models.
What you will be doing:
As Senior Software Engineer you will research, design, and develop technical solutions for Prophet C# applications. You will be working on moving Prophet functionality from existing applications to SaaS. You will be involved in the full software development lifecycle, from design through to implementation, testing, production, and maintenance.
- Hands on code development for customizations and extensions to software
- Interact with product managers to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications
- Working with peers to plan, implement, test and document the desired functionality
- Develop innovative ideas and solutions for projects
- Identify issues and critically evaluate implications of ideas or solutions
- Suggest technical alternatives and improvements of processes and systems
- Support other members and share best practice within the team
What you bring:
- 7+ years of experience with C#, Web Service (ASP.Net WebApi Preferred) and Database development
- Experience in full software development lifecycle
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivation, strong initiative, good time management skills
- Willingness to work in/build an Agile team
- Very good level of English
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
Added bonus if you have experience:
- In finance/insurance; Design Patterns; Agile/iterative
- With Web Client Development (Angular, HTML5/CSS3)
- With .Net Core
- With distributed and microservices architecture
- With container technologies like Docker
- With message queuing systems like RabbitMQ, Kafka, Azure Service Bus etc.
- With WPF and WinForms; .NET; Multi-Threading; XML; C++; PowerShell
What we offer you:
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- Competitive salary and attractive range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing (including private healthcare, 27 days of vacation, work from home etc.)
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.