Senior C++ Software Engineer
Will your ideas lead the next-generation of server-based solutions?
We like to think big at TomTom. We are looking for bright, curious minds in software development to join the team developing TomTom’s navigation engine, Navkit, written in C++ with highly optimized algorithms and logic's to compute the quickest route to any destination, on any device. Our algorithms integrate cloud computing with in-car and mobile navigation systems. Your work will improve personalization features and generate the best possible user experience.
Taste your challenge…
- Produce great, elegant and simple code in a dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment.
- Design, implement and maintain state-of-the-art algorithms in C++.
- Extend, improve and integrate algorithms in TomTom products for server-based solutions and mobile devices.
- Constantly grow, led by your curiosity to grab the many development opportunities at TomTom and stay up to speed with the latest tools and techniques in an ever-changing technological landscape.
What you can expect from us
- We like to have fun together. There is no sense in coming to a job everyday if you don’t like the people you work with.
- We bounce ideas off each other to drive innovation throughout the company. Have a suggestion? See a new way of doing something? TomTom’s founders are still very present and accessible. We all are. Entrepreneurialism is valued, and there is always room for good ideas.
- We decide, act and follow things through – fast. We don’t like to wait. It’s in our hearts to move forward. So it only makes sense that we don’t slow the company down with too many layers of decision-making. We make things happen. Quickly.
- We never get bored. We feel like a “start-up”, but have the resources and benefits of a billion euro company.
What we expect from you
A great C++ Software Engineer at TomTom can’t be defined. There is no one way to go about the work, and everyone is different. But to be successful in this role, this is the kind of profile we have in mind:
- Your C++ programming skills and engineering know-how are impressive.
- You have the skills and desire to build and improve visual simulations of complex data structures.
- You love working as part of a self-organizing Scrum team in a scaled, agile environment.
- You are working with automated testing, CI techniques and tools, design patterns and clean code principles.
TomTom created the easy-to-use navigation device, one of the most influential inventions of all time. Since then, we have grown from a start-up, into a global technology company.
Our software and navigation technologies power over hundreds of millions of applications across the globe. This includes industry-leading location-based products and mapmaking technologies, embedded automotive navigation solutions; innovative personal navigation devices and apps, and advanced telematics fleet management and connected car services.
We continue to shape the future, leading the way with autonomous driving, smart mobility and smarter cities.
To read our story, visit www.tomtom.com
Want to join us?
We want to meet you! Apply to say hi. Please complete the online form and attachments in English. To get the full story about this vacancy or the application procedure, please contact Tamara Jevtic at +381 63 635 499 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Do note that online technical evaluation and pre-employment screening are part of the selection process.