As a Senior Cloud Engineer at Namecheap, you will take care of our cloud platform, where you can apply your knowledge of how to run infrastructure in an effective, performant and reliable way. You can get your hands “dirty” with a wide variety of bleeding-edge technology starting from hardware and networking up to writing Kubernetes operators and everything in between.
Where you’ll do it: Wherever you like! This role is 100% remote.
The Interview Process: 4 steps over up to 3 weeks (30 min HR chat ➡ 1h Cultural/Technical chat ➡ 45 min Tech interview ➡ 45min Last debate and feedback)
Reporting to: Domonkos Cinke, Head of Cloud Infrastructure
Your team: 12 people (1 Manager, 4 Senior Cloud Engineers, 6 Mid/Junior Cloud Engineers, YOU!)
What will make your journey with us amazing?
- You will work with a supportive manager that cares about your wellbeing and invests in your development to help you achieve your full potential and grow your career with us.
- You will be engaged in continuous learning with clear targets in a feedback culture.
- You will join a company that respects and protects privacy and freedom, because our information shouldn't be anyone's business. That’s why we make it our business to keep it as safe as humanly (and technologically) possible.
The company (and you!)
Namecheap is a company of over 2,000 people, with offices in 3 countries and 23 more countries represented by remote colleagues. You can better understand who we are as a company and our internal audiences by reading through our career page (if you haven’t already, of course!).
You'll work with several highly-skilled senior and mid/junior cloud engineers to help our customers have the best possible experience using our solutions. You'll architect, develop and maintain several aspects of the infrastructure, from hyper-converged self-hosted cloud through CI/CD pipelines to Kubernetes operators and more. Everything as a code. Our team is full of technology enthusiasts, who don't fear to question the status-quo and always have something to be improved in mind.
What will you do?
- You will architect/develop and manage a fault-tolerant hyper-converged infrastructure.
- Work with stakeholders to ideate and implement solutions to develop our products further.
What will you bring?
- You have deep expertise in containerized solutions.
- You have experience owning a project from concept to production, including proposal, discussion, and execution.
- You have experience working with infrastructure as a code solutions, such as Terraform
- You have knowledge of security concepts
- You have experience with modern CI/CD pipelines using the GitOps approach (GitHub Actions, Helm, ArgoCD), and deep understanding of Kubernetes concepts and internals.
- You have a deep understanding of Linux internals and experience in finding the root cause of specific issues.
- Some programming skills (Python, Golang).
What will you learn?
You'll experience a friendly and welcoming environment with an excellent life-work balance. Huge amount of opportunities to learn about bleeding edge technologies and apply your knowledge in the field. Opportunity to see and manage systems on a true scale where each and every little improvement means a lot.
What’s in it for you?
- This role is 100% remote
- Education Allowance: $1000 to spend yearly in educational benefits of your choice
- 2 uninterrupted days of R&D every month!
- Weekly knowledge sharing sessions within the team
- Up to 30 days of Annual Leave + national holidays
- 3 meeting-free days each week (Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays)
- Not a general cloud-shop, we run our own stuff