At Hopin, we’re reimagining virtual events.
As the first all-in-one virtual venue for live online events, Hopin brings people together in a highly interactive and engaging online experience that feels just like an in-person event, only without the barriers. Whether it’s a 50-person meetup, or a 50,000-person conference—any type of event organizer can host a Hopin event for their attendees, speakers, sponsors, and vendors to convene, learn, and interact face-to-face online. We’re spearheading the innovative technology that is enabling people to gather online like never before.
Our mission is simple: better connections for a better planet.
We believe in events without limits, but events that are sustainable and accessible to everyone—and fun, too! To do this, we need passionate builders and storytellers to join us. Do you love people and technology and the magic that happens when they converge at scale? Do you have the skills and experience we’re looking for to better serve our clients? If so, we’d like to meet.
We’ve been recently funded by a16z, General Catalyst, IVP, Accel, DFJ Growth, Northzone, Coatue, Tiger Global, Salesforce Ventures and many other high profile investors.
The Data & Analytics Hopin team is seeking for a Senior Data Engineer who is self-driven, passionate and ambitious! We're looking for someone who is comfortable working on different platforms and with different technologies – preferably with solid experience using AWS data management tools and/or similar tools from other cloud services, someone who is comfortable learning and using new languages and technologies, someone who feels proud about their delivered products. You will be responsible for designing and developing data pipelines end-to-end, ensuring the quality and timeliness of the data provided. In order to achieve the previous goals, you will be working closely with the product and development teams.
We're excited to be working with someone who is highly motivated, comfortable in a fast-paced start-up environment, and is happy to work with a remote team. We're currently in the genesis of the team, and you will be directly reporting to the Tech Lead.
- Analyse, design, develop, troubleshoot, and debug data pipelines
- Ensuring quality and timeliness of the data provided
- Meeting both technical and customer (external and internal) needs
- Working with and potentially managing a small agile development team
- Design, development, and implementation of projects and features
- Interact and collaborate with other teams (engineering, product, business)
- Ensuring compliance with development methodology, technical process, and data regulations
- Well rounded software developer specialized in Data Engineering
- 4+ years data engineering experience
- Experience with Python and/or any other languages commonly used to move and transform data
- Experience with Redshift, BigQuery, and/or Snowflake
- Experience working with structured and unstructured data
- Experience moving data from databases of different kinds an from external data sources
- Solid experience working in an agile development environment
- Good communication skills
- Willing to give and receive feedback and open to learning
- Strong analytical and critical thinking
- Experience with ELT/ETL tools like Fivetran, Alooma, or Stitch
- Experience with Ruby and/or Rust
- Experience working with web analytics tools (Google Analytics, Amplitude, etc)
- Experience as data engineer in a high-traffic environment
- Self-starter, able to deliver project on time meeting high quality standards
- Strong understanding of different data management practices, data infrastructure, and data health monitoring
At Hopin, we're committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It's essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn't just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.