At LearnUpon, we’re seeking a Senior Data Engineer to join our Data Insights team in Serbia. We allow our employees to choose where they want to work. You’ll have the option to work remotely, in the office, or a mixture of both that you have the flexibility to decide on.
LearnUpon LMS helps organizations train their employees, partners, and customers. Businesses can manage, track, and achieve their unique learning goals — all through a single, powerful solution.
With offices in Dublin (our HQ), Philadelphia, Belgrade, and Sydney, we are a team that puts our customers' experience at the heart of everything we do. We're always striving for the best solution (not the easy one), and we go the extra mile to deliver work we're proud of.
Our culture fosters open, collaborative environments where our team and individual accomplishments are celebrated and encouraged. Join LearnUpon, where we work together as a friendly, supportive team who, most importantly, like to have fun.
Our Data Insights team is vital to our Product data culture and is responsible for gathering insights for the business while also innovating with Machine Learning initiatives. As a Senior Data Engineer you will be responsible for the implementation of a Data Lake/Warehouse, writing new data pipelines to capture new data and transform this into high performance data sets to be exploited by Data Analysts and Machine Learning Engineers. You will be bringing your outstanding technical, communication and proven data infrastructure design/implementation capabilities, to deliver results with your team.
What will I be doing?
- Work as a part of a team of professionals collaborating with Product Managers, Engineers, and others to identify business opportunities and build scalable data solutions.
- Manage data pipelines, design and architect data solutions to provide product insights that drive decision-making..
- Build data expertise, act like an owner for the company and manage complex data systems for a product or a group of products.
- Ensure best practices and standards in our data ecosystem are shared across teams.
- Understand the analytical objectives to make logical recommendations and drive informed actions.
- Educate and enable both producers and consumers of data insight to work smarter.
- Adhere to and drive modern software engineering practices through design reviews.
- Mentor and develop junior talent.
What skills do I need?
- 4+ years of relevant professional experience working with large amounts of data
- Experience with SQL/Relational as well as NoSQL databases
- Experience with manipulating large-scale structured and unstructured data
- Experience working with databases that power APIs for front-end applications
- Experience with either data workflows/modeling, front-end engineering, or back-end engineering
- Experience in building complex ETL pipelines
- Experience with data modeling and patterns for efficient data governance
- Experience working with AWS with a strong understanding of related technologies
- Strong ability to communicate findings clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences. Ability to drive business and technical discussions
- Experience in taking a project from scoping requirements through launch of the project
- Resourceful, creative, adaptable, detail-oriented with strong time management and organizational skills
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box in order to apply, we’re always happy to review applications and take all experience into consideration. We do our best to provide feedback where we can!
Not required but considered a plus
- Previous LMS Experience
- Experience with Ruby/Rails apps
- A technology qualification (Degree or equivalent) in field of study such as Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Economics
Why work with us?
- Work in a fun and supportive environment with regular social events.
- Excellent career progression - take LearnUpon where you think it can go.
- Structured learning environment.
- English lessons.
- Competitive salary and company stock options.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Comprehensive private health insurance scheme.
- 25 days annual leave + 1 annual company wellness day off.
What is the Hiring Process?
Applicants for the position can expect the following hiring process:
- Qualified applicants will be invited to schedule a 30-minute call.
- Successful candidates will then be invited to a series of practical interviews.
- Finally, candidates will have a short interview with our CEO/CTO.
- Successful candidates will be contacted with an offer to join our team.