At Seven Bridges we are building the most advanced cloud computing platform for genomics data analysis. Our team and product enable scientists to analyze genomic data faster and more efficiently than ever, so they can focus on making progress in genomics and personalized medicine. Through our collaboration with the largest genomics projects, we connect the world’s biomedical information to enable the most efficient analysis at scale. We are a global company with offices in the US, UK, Serbia and Turkey, with roughly 300 employees and rapidly growing!
Do you want to help us engineer a healthier tomorrow, together?
As a member of our Data Exploration and Visualisation team, you will have the opportunity to extend our platform and be involved in building the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and various ‘big data’ technologies.
What you will be working on:
- Data wrangling and exploration; analyzing and organizing raw data
- Working with our bioinformaticians on developing tools and pipelines for structured transformation of rich datasets
- Designing schemas and data modeling
- Query optimizations
Do you have what it takes?
- Have 3+ years of relevant experience in data engineering
- B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases
- Experience with SQL
- Experience in the design, optimization and support of big data ecosystems
- Experience with Python and/or Java programming languages
- Experience working with Amazon Redshift, Amazon Athena, Amazon EMR, Google BigQuery, Snowflake or related technologies
- Experience using RCFile, Apache ORC and/or Apache Parquet
- Experience with cloud service providers like AWS, GCP, Azure...
- Experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling
- Ability to design, build, and maintain the ETL pipeline and data warehouse
- Writes unit/integration tests, contributes to engineering wiki, and documents work
It would be great if you:
- Have a strong bioinformatics background
- Previous experience with genomic, phenotypic, EMR and EHR data, data which includes time series and many other types of data
What is in Seven Bridges’ DNA?
Our Mission: Seven Bridges will significantly decrease the time, cost and risk to bring new precision medicine products to market by maximizing the productivity of bio pharma/tech research and development organizations in; formulation, productization, identification, success and optimization.
Our Values: These represent who we are and what we stand for. We pride ourselves on being true to our values in everything we do. Building successful partnerships, acting with a sense of urgency, making scientists happy, acting with integrity, treating data with respect, committed to excellence and working together.
Our team and culture: With backgrounds in genomics, computer science and computational biology to sales and finance our talented team is passionate about building solutions to the most challenging problems of precision medicine. We believe that teamwork makes the dream work! By acting with empathy, supporting each other and learning from our challenges we exemplify commitment to quality results faster.
Our perks: We offer challenging career opportunities, competitive benefits and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you!
If you have gotten this far and are looking for the right balance of teamwork, challenge, fun and would like to help push genomics forward please send us your resume. If your qualifications fit the profile we are looking for we will contact you in a timely manner.