As Switzerland's leading digital hub, we provide our media and platforms with enabling technology solutions, to drive their businesses. We stand for interdisciplinary collaboration, innovation, and dynamic development.
We are on the move – and want to keep moving. We are farsighted. We are proactive. We are courageous. We are TX.
TX Services is a subsidiary of the TX Group. To expand our Homegate Team at our TX Services site in Belgrade, we are currently looking for a smart, talented, and dedicated Senior Data Engineer.
Homegate is the leading digital real estate classifieds platform in Switzerland, with more than 8 million visits per month and more than 100’000 properties currently on offer. Our mission is to empower Switzerland’s decisions around real estate. We help people find their best place to live and support them throughout their journey.
Do you want to become a part of a company with a strong mission and an open-minded work culture?
In our exciting engineering teams, we have gathered talents from more than 20 countries, English is our working language. We are in the middle of a reengineering journey, targeting an event-driven serverless architecture in the AWS cloud.
The data platform team creates the core ecosystem for a self-service data lake. Our aim is to quickly and easily deliver frameworks, capabilities and tools which enable business analysts, software engineers and data scientists to easily gain insights into the Homegate data ideally with no need for support by specialized data engineers.
You will be responsible for building, extending and operating our data lake and data pipelines to reliably deliver clean, reliable data. You will collaborate with various teams to deliver data and provide them with the framework and tools to effectively gain insights from data. Moreover, you will drive the data culture at Homegate, coach and guide others to help them become able to work autonomously, enabling them to solve the data-related challenges on their own.
Your everyday work includes:
- Building, extending and operating our data lake and data pipelines
- Being part of an agile team
- Supporting and coaching other teams with your data engineering expertise #DataDevOps
- Sharing your know-how and learning from others, mainly by pairing and reviewing each other’s code
Who you are?
We are looking for engineers who are enthusiastic about data and building infrastructure. You are a team player who is proactive in collaborating with others and passionate about finding answers for real-world problems, bringing business further as well as writing clean code and applying software engineering best practices (testing, CI/CD).
Ideally, you will have the following skills:
- Experience in a Data Engineer role
- Hands-on experience on the AWS platform (CloudFormation, IAM, Lambda, SNS, SQS, ECS)
- Exposure to AWS data services (S3, Glue, Kinesis Firehose, Athena, Glue, Redshift)
- Experience of ETL pipelines, ideally with Apache Spark
- Experience with event streaming platform
- Experience with Data Warehouses (preferably Snowflake)
- Strong experience in SQL and Python
- Knowledge in distributed systems
- Familiarity with container technologies
Our tech stack https://techradar.homegate.ch/
- Being a part of establishing a Swiss-based subsidiary - TX Services in Belgrade
- Competitive salary and a variety of fringe benefits
- Great equipment
- Flexible working hours and home office possibilities
- Personal development plan and yearly budget for educational courses, conferences, etc.
- International team and working environment of talented and fun people as well as regular international travels
- Excellent work-life balance