Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
You’ll be working on various desktop applications that we’ve developed; one of these applications is TopTracker - the most innovative and flexible time-tracking software in the world.
We use C++ as our main language for creating desktop applications. While being powerful and flexible, it allows us to control the applications at the deepest level possible. We’re looking for talented C++ developer to further improve and enhance our desktop products. We’re aiming to support as many different platforms (macOS, Windows & GNU/Linux) as possible, so most of the code we write is cross-platform. Because of this, we use various platform-agnostic frameworks in our work. The one we use most extensively is Qt. Not only does it allow us to create beautiful and responsive GUI but it also makes it much easier to write portable system-interacting code with minimal effort. Our desktop team spans the full stack of development, from digging into system API calls to perfecting the GUI. We don’t cut corners, and we don’t make compromises—we create beautifully architected desktop apps that are polished, fast, well-tested, and a joy to use.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- Build cross-platform desktop client features and infrastructure.
- Full life cycle development of software products.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs and devise elegant solutions.
- Making strategic technical decisions related to new products and functionalities.
- Onboarding and mentoring new team members.
In the first week, expect to:
- Join our team, where you will be introduced to Toptal’s practices and processes.
- Start participating in company-wide training sessions.
- Set up your local environment and get familiar with our tech stack.
- Create your first pull request.
In the first month, expect to:
- Familiarize yourself with the team’s business domain.
- Contribute to our product development.
- Develop a deeper understanding of our technology, processes, and product pipeline.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Actively supply software planning, development, and maintenance.
- Suggest and implement improvements to Toptal’s processes and codebase.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Lead technical initiatives in our team.
- Drive improvements to the codebase and processes.
In the first year, expect to:
- Have a detailed understanding of Toptal’s technical stack, collaboration rituals, processes, and performance.
- Mentor Toptal’s new team members.
- You must have a solid grasp of object-oriented programming, automated software testing, databases, development, and testing methodologies.
- Background in cross-platform application development.
- Solid understanding of the Qt framework (versions 5 and 6).
- Good in desktop development on, at least, one of the following platforms: Windows, macOS 10.8+ (Cocoa), Linux (Ubuntu, Fedora) and deep knowledge of underlying native API (WinAPI, Cocoa/Carbon, X11, GTK).
- Great experience with, at least, one of the most common compiler tool sets (GCC, CLang, Visual C++) is a must.
- Substantial experience in C++14, C++17 (C++20 is a plus).
- Ability to come up with simple solutions without hacking and overcomplicating.
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
- Be comfortable with iterative and incremental development.
- Be willing to help your teammates, share your knowledge with them, and learn from them.
- Be open to receiving feedback.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
Deadline for applications: 27.12.2021.
Toptal je globalna mreža vrhunskih talenata u poslu, dizajnu i tehnologiji koja omogućava kompanijama da skaliraju svoje timove na zahtev. Sa 200 miliona dolara godišnjeg prihoda i preko 40% rasta u odnosu na prošlu godinu, Toptal je najveća distribuirana radna snaga na svetu.