Vast is a platform that informs confident decisions in complex and high-risk environments, powered by large datasets and surfaced by artificial intelligence, for automotive and real estate enterprise clients and consumers alike. Collecting and analyzing data since its founding in 2005, Vast has become the premier provider of big data solutions for many of the largest Global 1000 businesses.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our Operations team. You will be working closely with Engineering to build, maintain and optimize anything from Java/Scala services, Node.js applications and Cassandra clusters. We are looking for candidates who have a wide experience in AWS, but also Linux system administration.
- Working with the Engineering team to design, build and maintain scalable systems that support high traffic web services and back-end tools and applications
- Planning and executing projects to improve production infrastructure
- Performing and automating production deployments
- Running self-managed projects related to improving Vast’s systems
- Proactive communication with Vast co-workers and business partners, in Serbia and the U.S.
- Participation in the 24×7, multi-tier on-call rotation
- 2+ years AWS cloud experience (deep knowledge about common AWS services, experience working with CloudFormation, network and application security, etc)
- 3+ years Linux administration experience (Red Hat and Ubuntu based distributions preferred; knowledge of standard system tools such as awk, sed, grep, top, ps, lsof, cron)
- General systems programming / scripting experience (Bash is a must, Python is a plus)
- Ability to clearly communicate in both written and spoken English
- System management/config management using tools such as Chef and Rundeck
- Familiarity with PostgreSQL
Some of the benefits of working at Vast include:
- Full-time employment and competitive compensation
- Being part of an all-remote team and working from anywhere
- Opportunities to acquire new technical skills and work with the latest technologies
If you’re a passionate learner and you are excited to work on our tech stack, feel free to send your resume, we’ll be glad to talk to you.