At Hopin, we’re reimagining virtual events.
As the first all-in-one virtual venue for live online events, Hopin brings people together in a highly interactive and engaging online experience that feels just like an in-person event, only without the barriers. Whether it’s a 50-person meetup, or a 50,000-person conference—any type of event organizer can host a Hopin event for their attendees, speakers, sponsors, and vendors to convene, learn, and interact face-to-face online. We’re spearheading the innovative technology that is enabling people to gather online like never before.
Our mission is simple: better connections for a better planet.
We believe in events without limits, but events that are sustainable and accessible to everyone—and fun, too! To do this, we need passionate builders and storytellers to join us. Do you love people and technology and the magic that happens when they converge at scale? Do you have the skills and experience we’re looking for to better serve our clients? If so, we’d like to meet.
We’ve been recently funded by a16z, General Catalyst, IVP, Accel, DFJ Growth, Northzone, Coatue, Tiger Global, Salesforce Ventures and many other high profile investors.
Our team includes people of all genders, sexual orientation, parents, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds. Diverse teams are strong teams, and we encourage those with varied identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply.
- Architecting, developing and shipping customer facing code.
- Helping deliver a maintainable, performant, and testable code base.
- Writing asynchronous code that interacts with real time content.
- Understand and influence back end decisions to drive for a better overall system.
- Driving engineering best practices.
- You are familiar with WebSockets, and real-time development.
- Great understanding of the DOM, client side performance and browser compatibilities
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- You understand the core concepts of functional programming.
- Familiar with all the types of testing, from end to end to unit testing.
- You are experienced in at least one strongly typed language.
- You are proficient with React.JS.,
- Expertise in Redux
- Previous experience with video, WebRTC, or other streaming protocols
- Experience building NPM libraries
- Experience with Module Federation, Lerna based monorepos, and Webpack 5
- Expertise with developing backend systems
At Hopin, we're committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It's essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn't just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.