Our partner Redbox Automated Retail LLC is an American company famous for movie rentals via automated retail kiosks located throughout the USA with tens of millions of customers. Over the last few years, Redbox has successfully expanded into the exciting world of digital streaming, with free movies, TV channels, and premium on-demand content. Redbox is now expanding its digital streaming platform and is looking for talented individuals to join its development teams located in Belgrade, Chicago, and Seattle.
Join our growing Redbox team as a Senior Frontend Engineer.
The biggest engineering team is located in the Belgrade office. It's now counting 25 members and ready to expand further and welcome new colleagues to join them in their exciting journey. Our engineers are working on modern and cool technologies and in the following teams: .NET, Frontend, Android and iOS, QA, SDET, DevOps, and Data team.
We’ve established an agile development process using cutting-edge infrastructure, stacks, and technology and are seeking talented software engineers to join our team. The Platform team builds the heart of all Redbox consumer experiences by creating robust services for everything we do as a business, from product catalogue of movies and TV shows to ad-supported titles, free live television, and managing a complex physical rental business. Redbox rents over a million discs a day from over 40,000 kiosks and its video streaming business is growing steadily every month serving up thousands of on-demand movies.
You will work as part of an elite team designing and developing high-availability services using the latest technologies to scale with our growing business.
Our Belgrade frontend team offers an exciting opportunity to work on different projects such as:
- on-demand streaming apps for smart TVs, set-top boxes, and gaming consoles
- a high-traffic web app with millions of users serving a unique mix of physical rentals and on-demand streaming
- a set of internal tools to bind them all, such as customer service and catalog management UIs
The technologies you will be using are React, Redux, GraphQL, Sass, PostCSS, Webpack, Jest, AWS, practicing methodologies such as Agile, unit and integration testing, CI/CD, feature flagging, A/B testing, phased rollouts, trunk-based development with continuous code reviews and zero-bug policy (no bugs in backlog, we either fix now or we don’t fix).
- Help drive innovation and best practices
- Be a team player, write code for people as well for machine
- Deliver excellent User Experiences and responsive User Interfaces across multiple browsers and devices
- Continuously look for new technologies as we strive for A/B testing and data-driven development
- A commitment to excellence, best practices, and the continuous improvement of our products, code base, processes, and tools
- Daily communication with our colleagues in the USA, including other development teams, UX, design, marketing, and product managers
- Fluent communication in English
- Ability to consistently follow coding style and practices adopted by the team
- Good feeling for the balance between performance and maintainability
- Basic skills with git or a similar SCM tool
- Willingness to learn and improve what’s missing
- Experience with specific technologies used by the team
- Experience with AWS or the cloud in general
- Experience one or more of the following: high-traffic web apps, low-power devices, enterprise application
- Experience with on-demand streaming and various different on-demand business models
- Git wizardry
- Open-source contributions (real things, not just putting your todo app on Github)
- Competitive salary and a variety of fringe benefits
- Personal development/education (conferences, workshops)
- Excellent work-life balance: flexible work hours, no mandatory overtime, use your off days whenever you want to
- Work in an international team of talented engineers
- Great equipment
- A modern and cozy working place with the positive and friendly atmosphere
- Know someone who would be a perfect fit? Let them know and after the successful probation period come and collect a well-deserved referral fee
InterVenture is a Swiss product development company assembling all-star engineering teams who build amazing software solutions for a decade now. We are a company that enables our partners to build remote software development teams in our engineering hub in Belgrade, Novi Sad and Nis while giving our member engineers opportunities to work with amazing international companies, tackling global challenges. We cover media, telco, classifieds, insurance, fintech, mobile payments, e-commerce, logistic industries.
Modern technologies, exciting products that shape global industries, direct impact on product development, up to 3 weeks hiring process and no waiting on the bench policy!
Balans karijere i privatnog života
Iskustvo o radu
Senior software engineer
Ljudi su prijateljski nastrojeni i voljni da pomognu kako na poslu tako i van. Projekti su zanimljivi ali to pre svega zavisi od tima, a pošto je ovo outsourcing kompanija svaki projekat najčešće pripada jednom klijentu (inostranoj kompaniji) pa zadovoljstvo u timu može da varira ali u globalu mi se čini da su svi jako zadovoljni. Menadžment firme je fleksibilan i izlazi u susret zaposlenima. Broj dana godišnjeg odmora je iznad proseka i uslovi su generalno jako dobri.
Neiphodno je više druženja (team buildinga)
Beograd, Hibridni način rada
Beograd, Hibridni način rada
Beograd, Hibridni način rada
Private Health Insurance
Hybrid model of working from home & office
Three engineering hubs in Serbia: Belgrade, Novi Sad and Nis
Working with an international team of talented engineers
Team Buildings, Sweet Fridays, Beer Gatherings
Board Games Club
Sports activities and tournaments
Referral fee of 2048 euros for successful recommendations
Opportunity to travel to partners offices
Activities for kids if you are a parent
Network of more than 200 talented engineers under one roof
Dedicated Talent Managers
InterVenture Benefit Card with numerous discounts