Databox, a fast-growing software company that helps other companies monitor and improve their business performance, is going to give an opportunity to enthusiastic individuals to help us scale our systems from thousands to millions of users. We are looking for a man or a woman who wants to be a part of a fast-paced-team that is continuously learning and challenging ourselves- building a technically-superior product that is loved by business users. We are always exploring new tools and ideas as our needs evolve, and we love working alongside people who are willing to try new things. Code reviews, writing unit tests, and belief in the value of coding standards are only some of our core engineering values. We recognize achievement, promote from within, and encourage professional growth, collaboration, knowledge sharing, and fun.
Our product team includes experts in design, integrations, frontend, mobile, and backend engineering. Because our application is used to visualize performance data on multiple devices (mobile, web, TV, and more) from 100s of other software systems, UI and UX design is a major focus of ours that has helped us win multiple design awards and constant praise from our users.
As a senior frontend engineer, your development skills will help us improve everything from our signup process, our onboarding process, and especially our core user-facing product features (data visualizations, interactive dashboard editor...).
- work closely with our product managers and engineers to develop product features and user interfaces
- translate designs/mockups into fully responsive prototypes
- write and maintain clean, reusable and maintainable code
- test and identify performance problems
- work with our backend team and customer success team to troubleshoot customer support issues
- cooperate with other teams to come up with the best technical solutions for new features
- work with tools and technologies like EmberJS, LESS, Github, CircleCI and Docker on a regular basis
You should have:
- Extended (3+ years) experience with frontend web development
- Willingness to learn new things and solve problems in a quick-changing and challenging environment, highly motivated, proactive, and pragmatic
- Excellent written and verbal English skills are a must
- Knowledge of web standards (REST) and web security
- Basic knowledge of git and how Github works
By joining Databox, you’ll have an opportunity to work with highly qualified engineers that will provide you knowledge and experiences much needed for your personal and professional growth. We will take you to the funny team buildings, team events, and provide you with top-notch working equipment. However, since our team and customer base is distributed globally across several countries with concentrations of team members in Slovenia, US (Boston, MA) and Serbia, this is an opportunity to work in a company with a flexible schedule and location.
If you are interested, please send us your CV with a short explanation of why you think you are the right person for this position.