GetSwift develops cloud-based delivery management software for real-time route optimization and tracking in a smart, simple interface which is used in over 60 countries, 600 cities and in 60+ verticals.
The Senior Full Stack Developer is responsible for front-end, server-side, and database technical leadership and application development in the design, implementation, and maintenance of the company’s applications.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE
A bachelor’s degree in CIS or equivalent experience with at least 10 years of experience in application development to include:
- Experience/training in application development considerations and patterns for cloud architecture
- Demonstrated ability to influence and mentor developers in an agile team
- Review and estimation of user stories in an agile process
- Solid skills in one or more alternative languages: Java, Go, Python and their ecosystems
- Expertise with object-relational programming with MS-SQL Server (Entity Framework preferred)
- Experience with configuration and programming of message broker middleware (Kafka or RabbitMQ preferred) and distributed cache systems (Redis preferred)
- Experience with an automated unit testing framework for .NET such as nUnit.
- Experience with RESTful web API development on both producer and consumer sides
- Experience in the design and implementation of CI/CD pipelines with a mainstream platform such as Jenkins or Spinnaker
- Experience with design, configuration, and troubleshooting of distributed applications under Docker and Kubernetes
- Strong troubleshooting skills and experience with production application support
- Daily use of typical IDE (VisualStudio) and source management tools such as TFS or Git (Git is preferred)
- Experience with geolocation frameworks such as Google Maps API, OpenStreet Maps, and Valhalla
- Experience with geofencing and route optimization algorithms such as jsprit -- preferably with AI/ML modeling
- Solid understanding of Windows and Linux operating system principles and administration
- Logistics industry experience is preferred.
As a member of an agile delivery team:
- Work with architects and product managers to design, estimate, and implement application features in front-end, server-side, and database tiers according to the company’s standards for architecture and secure application development
- Implement services for data acquisition and integration into the company’s data tier
- Follow procedures related to software configuration and the delivery pipeline for application development
- Perform unit, commit, integration, and non-functional (performance, penetration, security) testing necessary to assure that the software is releasable
- Troubleshoot data issues in development, test, and production environments, including use of performance metrics and test reports to identify problem areas
- This position requires strong analytical and problem-solving skills equal to the challenges of a complex application and industry. Must have strong verbal and written communication skills and the interpersonal skills necessary to successfully collaborate with teammates and report to stakeholders -- technical and non-technical.
- Must have a conscientious regard for quality and the needs of the customer. Must be a self-starter able to prioritize tasks and accomplish assignments autonomously. Must have the demonstrated capacity to learn quickly in a self-directed manner and to keep up with best practices and current technology in the relevant areas. Must have solid analysis and troubleshooting skills. Must have good communication skills and work well as part of a cross-functional agile delivery team.
Are you an ACE Full Stack Developer? We want you, because:
- You are one of a kind and…
- You get switched on by innovative solutions
- You strive on solving issues with inventive ideas
- You write killer code
Do you want to work with a small, hardworking and awesome development team, who you will help to catch a whale on a fishing line and feed the village?
- Can you work as part of an international team?
- Learn new and expand existing tech expertise?
- Solve problems in high pressure situations?
- Is “coding” your middle name?
WHO ARE WE?
- You may think that a company that specialises in logistics like GetSwift employs drivers and has planes, trains and automobiles but no siree, we don’t! We are a software company that is solving businesses logistics problems online.
- From Enterprise to hyper-local, thousands of businesses across dozens of industries world wide depend on our SaaS platform to bring visibility, accountability, efficiency and savings to their supply chain and “Last Mile" operations, because we’re good at it, and because we can.
- GetSwift is the real McCoy, we’re well funded, listed on the Australian Stock Exchange, so why wouldn’t you want to work for us and make a difference, and increase our verticals and market penetration?
WHAT WE OFFER?
- With GetSwift you will have the opportunity to work alongside world leading experts with centuries of collective experience between them.
- You will have daily contact with colleagues around the world, be able to express your creativity and shape the future.
- You will be able to cross train on a multitude of leading-edge toolsets and technologies.
- Latest generation hardware (MacBook Pro i9, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD alongside 32in 4K displays)
- We are very proud of our office space which includes a large private garden with trees and a waterfall (yep, a real one).
Employment documentation will be signed with our partners registered in Belgrade, 3BiiLSoft DOO.