IO Global, creator of the Cardano blockchain platform, is searching for a React engineer to join its rapidly expanding engineering team. As a Senior Full Stack Developer, you will have the exciting challenge of working on cutting-edge research and technology focusing on market needs. You will be working with our wallet team on one of our most exciting projects – Cardano – and taking responsibility for writing high-quality code for our products.
The wallet team is being expanded to build and maintain products, and increase enterprise-grade services and tools for frontend use cases. This role requires frontend web UI development. The Senior Full Stack Developer will be undertaking rapid prototyping and production-grade development using test-driven design principles, alongside test engineers and product management to realize solutions.
As a Senior Full Stack Developer you are responsible for writing high-quality code for our products. To support you in this challenge, we have software architects, product managers, project managers, formal methods specialists and QA test engineers, with whom you must communicate professionally, effectively and efficiently.
Duties will include:
- Following agile software development practices
- Working with teams across time zones
- Working independently on software development tasks
- Being proactive and requiring minimal supervision or mentoring to complete tasks
- Reviewing specifications produced by architects and formal methods specialists
- Contributing to the design of algorithms
- Writing clean, straightforward, efficient code that satisfies acceptance criteria and specifications
- Committing often and submitting small pull requests frequently
- Covering your code with unit, property and integration tests when applicable
- Reviewing the pull requests of your team mates
- Fixing bugs in your own code and in legacy code from others
- Being available to fix of severe issues on deployed products in emergencies
- Integrating software components and third-party libraries
- Verifying and deploying programs and systems
- Troubleshooting, debugging and upgrading software
- Writing documentation for code
- Writing technical user manuals
- Developing your knowledge of distributed and concurrent computation
- Developing your knowledge of the basics of cryptography.
- Degree in computer science is desirable but not essential
- Experience working with Git and Git workflow
- Practical experience with agile software development methods
- Knowledge of functional and object-oriented programming paradigms
- Basic knowledge of image and design editing tools such as Sketch, Photoshop, and Zeplin.
IOG is a fully distributed organization and therefore this is a remote position. Due to team distribution we are ideally searching for someone in a European timezone.
- Flexible schedule
- Remote work - ability to work anywhere
- Laptop reimbursement
- New starter package to buy hardware essentials (headphones, monitor, etc)
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Competitive PTO and Sick Leave plan
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits coverage through Anthem with 100% premium cost covered by IO Global for the employee and dependents
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Monthly Health Stipend to use towards any wellness or medical coverage/service
Deadline for applications: 07.10.2021.