About the position:
Team Sava specializes in building outstanding teams of passionate, world-class professionals and top-tier software developers for growing global hi-tech companies.
Our partner, PlayStudios, located in Tel Aviv and Bay Area, is a consumer gaming company focused on the ever-expanding market for social and mobile gaming. They are developing a revolutionary social gaming platform aimed at reshaping the way people from all segments play online. Playstudios flagship apps are consistently rated among the Top-20 Grossing apps in the Apple App Store in their category!
We are seeking a talented, motivated, and experienced Senior Game Engine Engineer for our in house engine team.
As Senior Game Engine Engineer you will develop new tools and features. You have to understand game engines and low level graphics programming.
You will Collaborate with artists, designers, and other engineers to develop and refine key engine systems.
- Design, implement, and iterate on new features and development tools for game developers and artists
- Perform research to acquire new knowledge necessary to perform assigned tasks and maintain a process of technological evolution
- Work with other departments within the team to improve existing tools and determine new solutions
- Mentor and educate engineers on the team
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Advanced understanding of C / C++
- Experience working with game engines
- Advanced understanding of game content pipeline and tools
- Strong passion for graphics programming and algorithms / mathematics (linear algebra, trigonometry)
- Must be comfortable working within and adding to an established code framework
- Excellent communications skills
- Self-motivated, strong sense of independence
- Passion for video games
Bonus points for:
- A degree in computer science
- Familiarity with multi-threading and optimization
- Familiarity with graphics shaders (GLSL / HLSL)
- Experience developing real time applications
- Opportunity to do incredible work, crafting gorgeous games with a passionate and playful team
- Learning and self improvement opportunities
- Friendly and pleasant working environment
- Flexible working hours, adjusted to your lifestyle
- Possibility to travel abroad
- Team building events
- Great referral fees
- Coffee, fruit and snacks