Established in 2011, Birdseye has pioneered the Remote Facility Supervision industry with a mission to make the world a safe place. Facilities across North America are signing long-term contracts to have their facilities supervised and/or secured by Birdseye’s dedicated team of more than 350 professionals.
Birdseye’s well-integrated technology solution eliminates the need for costly on-site security guards or general administrative staff. Our strong belief is that any work function that can be digitized, can, and eventually will be operated remotely. Birdseye, an essential service, is proudly serving other essential services making it recession proof and stable during all economic cycles.
Birdseye is headquartered in Toronto with offices in the USA and Serbia. To learn more about our culture, kindly visit our website www.bvpserbia.com as well as our LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook pages.
About the Opportunity:
If you would like to get a glimpse of what the world will look like in 10 years, join our team today. As one of Canada's fastest-growing companies, you will be part of an energetic and ambitious team that takes pride in working together in a harmonious atmosphere.
We are looking for positive individuals that can thrive in a fast-paced environment as our company continues to grow at 50% every single year. Quick thinkers with proven track records would find our company a great fit. Our fast-growing customer base from various industries will expose you to a wide range of experiences.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Development and implementation of software programs, custom-designed for company needs
- Regular maintenance and improvement of existing software programs and platforms
- Ensuring functionality and optimization of software programs via regular testing and feedback
- Researching new technology and tools across different departments
- Keeping software and company tools up to date with the latest features available
- Innovation of new solutions that meet the custom needs of the company and its customers
- Communicating in a clear and structured way with colleagues and managers to ensure optimal collaboration and teamwork
- Following the agreed team or project processes and procedures, including reporting to superiors on status of project/release/task efforts and key issues
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications:
- Proven hands-on Software Development experience, 5+ years
- Proven working experience in Java development, 5+ years
- Experience building databases, message protocols, version control tools, cloud services, CI/CD are a major plus
- University Degree in Computer Science or other relevant field is an asset
- English speaking and writing proficiency
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Ability to work as a team member
- Proactive and self-motivated attitude
Employee Compensation Package & Perks:
- Opportunity to be part of a team of ambitious, talented people with diverse backgrounds and style
- We are all striving to continuously learn and improve
- Opportunity to be creative and innovative, we love new ideas
- Company organized events (football, carting, parties, company hangouts, etc.)
- Annual Performance Reviews
- Stock appreciation rights
- Bonuses for employees with children
- Dynamic and modern office space including a spacious lounge where employees can relax and enjoy
- Video games, pool, darts and foosball