Senior Java Developer
Police officers, firefighters and paramedics are the first to respond to an accident or emergency – from a small-scale crisis to a devastating disaster. They are on the first line of response. Behind this line, there are scientists and engineers designing and testing tools to support these real-life superheroes. In this context, the EU-funded RESCUER project is developing a toolkit offering sense augmentation through enhanced sensorial input, precise and infrastructure less self-positioning, and cognitive support and multi-sense augmented reality interfaces, improving their focus and capability to utilize information and robust ad hoc intra-team communications for both verbal and data exchanges. Lightweight and non-obtrusive devices and sensors are used to boost human sensing and operational capabilities.
RESCUER aims to design and develop a First Responder-centered technology toolkit to empower the next generation of First Responders (FR). Adopting the “HERO” (enHanced nEw eRa first respOnder) concept, RESCUER will deliver a toolkit offering (1) sense augmentation through enhanced sensorial input, (2) precise and infrastructure-less self-positioning, (3) cognitive support and multi-sense AR interfaces, improving their focus and capability to utilize information and (4) robust ad-hoc intra-team communications for both verbal and data exchanges, all delivered over enhanced power and communication autonomy features. Extending the above capabilities, through the concept of a building black box, RESCUER will also introduce the capability of extracting the environment, during a disaster. The project will achieve these goals using lightweight, non-obtrusive, and natural interaction with devices and sensors that offer additional information layers augmenting human sensing and operational capabilities, rendering FRs better aware of their surrounding conditions and able to make fast and efficient decisions to remain safe in the line of duty. The goal of RESCUER is to introduce the next generation of FRs, who will be better protected, connected and situationally aware, with enhanced operational capacity and able to efficiently operate in infrastructure-less environments without power and communications network.
- Over 5 years of professional experience as a Developer (Java) in analysis, design, and development in web-based applications
- Excellent knowledge of Java
- Strong background in Spring framework and Spring Boot (or at least previous experience with JavaEE)
- Excellent knowledge of JDBC and ability to write complex queries, as well as experience with ORM (Hibernate, Spring Data JPA), ability to map tables and retrieve data from database
- Experience with PostgreSQL or experience working with other relational databases such as Oracle, MS SQL, …
- Excellent knowledge of SQL and database design.
- Experience in developing REST Web services and APIs with JSON
- Experience with GIT (GITlab) version control
- Experience with Container Concepts (e.g. Docker tool)
- Experience with a Message Broker (e.g. MQTT broker or Apache Kafka)
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to adapt new technologies in a fast pace environment
- Readiness to share your knowledge with less experienced colleagues, but also to learn new concepts and software technologies as needs arise
- Willingness to communicate with project partners in virtual and physical meetings
- Excellent knowledge of English (both written and spoken)
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related fields
Will be considered a plus:
- Some experience in Complex event processing/Processing data streams - rules-based processing approach (Currently we use Esper 8.3 from EsperTech)
- Some experience in Machine learning
- Previous experience working in a Team Lead position
- Understanding of SPA concepts or/and some experience with TypeScript and React or Angular
- Experience in writing project documentation with basic UML knowledge
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Great colleagues, open informal and fun atmosphere
- A chance to be part of a highly professional international environment
- Opportunity to learn from experienced colleagues, including internal knowledge-sharing sessions
- Opportunity to learn 7 different languages using our E-learning platform
- A hybrid model of work. Employees can choose whether they will work from the office or from home
- Private health insurance
- Team buildings, conferences, and events
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We are looking forward to meeting you. Good Luck
Upoznaj kompaniju Engineering Software Lab d.o.o.
Engineering Software Lab is a member of Engineering Group, one of the main players in the field of the digital transformation of public and private companies and organizations around the world. With around 12,000 professionals in 40+ locations (in Italy, Belgium, Germany, Norway, Serbia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Argentina, Brazil, and the USA), the Engineering Group designs, develops, and manages innovative solutions for the business areas where digitalization is having the biggest impact, including Digital Finance, Smart Government & E-Health, Augmented City, Digital Industry, Smart Energy & Utilities, Digital Media & Communication.
Engineering Software Lab currently has more than 230 employees divided in 2 business units: Custom Software Development unit which gathers developers and specialists who work in the fields of consulting, project management, development of information systems; and Engineering Enterprise Solutions competence center which provides SAP technical and consultancy support, as well SAP development. We are specialized in 4 SAP modules – Finance & Controlling, Material Management, Sales & Distribution, and Human Capital Management. Variety of interesting and challenging projects make part of our everyday life.
Opšti utisak i preporuka
Balans karijere i privatnog života
Iskustvo o radu
Veliki broj ne strucnih ljudi. Seniora bas i nema ali i razumljivo niko nece da radi u kompaniji gde je povisica misaona imenica. Losa komunikacija sa kolegama iz italije zbog njihovog slabog engleskog. Pretezno firma za juniore, logika im je takva da im je jeftinije da obuce nove nego da malo vise plate ljude koje vec...
Prosečna neto plata
Software Developer 13 plata
Prosečna neto plata
Software Engineer 2 plate
Flexible working hours
Private Health Insurance
Team Building activities
Trainings & Certifications