Instana is seeking to hire a senior Java software engineer to join our team for developing infrastructure monitoring solutions in Novi Sad.
We are looking for a Java engineer that has some hands-on experience with cloud services (GCloud and AWS), container orchestration frameworks (Kubernetes), and shell scripting.
Job responsibilities include experimenting, investigating, and learning these technologies, being involved in making decisions on how the end product will look like and incorporating this solution into our product. The implementation part involves working on our agent, backend, and some basic UI work in collaboration with the UI team.
The agent is responsible for automatic, zero-configuration, service discovery, and data retrieval from various technologies. The agent needs to work under various conditions and have a really low impact on the customer environment. One of the main requirements is robustness and highly optimized and concurrent Java code.
Backend is a real-time analytics engine used for processing data that agents are sending. It's written with Java using Dropwizard, Project Reactor, and reactive streams. Some of our customers have over 1000 hosts or more than 10000 containers in their clusters. Agents send new data each second for all of our supported technologies, so the load on the backend can become quite heavy.
It's important to have the ability to predict hot spots which can cause a heavy burden on the system. Backend tasks at this position involve data crunching and designing and implementing detection algorithms for customer alerting.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving thinking
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies really fast
- Good Java skills and experience in writing optimized code
- Knowledge of Java 8, lambdas and streams
- Good code writing discipline and attention to detail
- Experience with using Docker and orchestration frameworks (Kubernetes) and/or cloud services (GCloud or AWS)
- Shell scripting experience
- Experience with Project Reactor, Kafka, and Elasticsearch is a plus
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work in a cross-functional team
What we offer:
- 27 vacation days
- stock options
- paid wellness & fitness
- flexible working hours
- remote work
- working with the latest technologies
- free choice of workstation
- pleasant workspace
As the leading provider of Application Performance Management solutions for containerized microservice applications, Instana applies automation and artificial intelligence to deliver the visibility needed to effectively manage the performance of today’s dynamic applications across the DevOps lifecycle. Founded by Application Monitoring veterans, Instana provides true AI-powered APM to help organizations deliver high-performance applications today and in the future. Visit us at https://www.instana.com to learn more.