The world is changing at an accelerating rate. But we cannot take in the information fast enough, let alone make sense of it. We are fundamentally limited by the speed at which we read and write — the speed of human thought. The challenges facing decision-makers today require a radically new technology.
Primer is at the forefront of the natural language processing revolution. Our artificial intelligence platform is capable of reading text at a rate of millions of documents per hour, extracting information and updating a knowledge graph of billions of entities. It is capable of answering natural language questions and generating the first draft of natural language analytical reports in seconds. Our mission is to empower our customers by vastly reducing the cost of curiosity. What once took days of research can happen instantly.
Our customers include some of the world’s largest corporations, financial institutions, and government agencies in the world. You can learn more about Primer's technology and the problems we solve at our blog, as well as in recent media coverage of our work.
As a Senior Machine Learning Engineer, you will have the opportunity to make a wide impact on our machine learning processes, tooling, coding standards, and codebase. Primer believes in creating an environment that encourages and creates opportunities for growth. Whether it’s helping create and contribute to a set of architectural principles, or pushing us to adopt high-impact OSS, we need engineers to help us make those decisions.
From your first day, you’ll drive the technical implementation of a major feature. You might...
- ... design and build a pipeline to train models for NLP problems like Classification, Question Answering, Summarization
- ... scale our ability to run models to process millions of documents
- ... develop APIs that showcase our models’ capabilities and enable third-party integrations
- ... collaborate with the research team to train and ship state of the art models
- ... evaluate, adopt, and contribute back to open-source software to build out the Primer technology stack
- Curiosity and enthusiasm, and a love for teaching and learning
- Expertise in Python
- Experience applying machine learning algorithms to real data sets, preferably including text analysis and NLP
- 5+ years of shipping commercial software (SaaS, or PaaS) to third parties outside your company.
- Experience building human-in-the-loop ML pipeline
- Experience in GoLang
- Experience with Language models like BERT, XLNet, GPT
What we offer:
- Health, Dental, Vision Benefits
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Smart, engaged co-workers who are at the top of their game
- Honest and open environment for exchange of ideas
- Real customers with global name recognition + healthy sales pipeline
- Proactive learning and teaching opportunities via individual book allowances, tech talks, and brown bag lunches
- Team outings and bi-weekly company happy hours
- Fun, puzzle-loving office in the SF Financial District