CVEDIA is a funded AI company that develops deep learning solutions for some of the largest organizations on the planet. We develop neural networks for computer vision systems (imagery-based AI). We are looking for a Senior ML Engineer to help us create more accurate neural networks that perform great when deployed on the edge.
In this role, you will have the opportunity of working in a team of exceptionally talented and driven individuals who are all making a massive impact on our business. There is no micromanaging or babysitting at CVEDIA, everyone here drives their own ideas all the way from start to finish, everyone is given an equal opportunity to flourish and see the fruits of their labour.
- Take on the challenge to improve the performance of real world autonomous systems and be a crucial part in shaping our clients’ success.
- Work on the entire DL pipeline, including the generation of data, training networks, and optimizing models for deployment
- Investigate and develop deep learning architectures for imagery-based perception systems
- Collaborate with engineers and other data scientists to evaluate and improve our systems
- Able to be the main point of contact for enterprise projects
- Solid experience as a Machine Learning Engineer or as a Data Engineer
- Solid Experience with Python, Pytorch, OpenCV, Matplotlib, Numpy, SciPy
- Able to work with multiple programming languages, including C#/C++
- Confident verbal and written English
- Able to balance pragmatism with planning and long-term thinking
- Proactive and self-sufficient
- Attention to detail
- Leadership skills
- Experience working remotely is a plus
- Experience with neural network optimization (pruning/quantizing) is a plus
- Experience using Unity (Game Engine) is a plus
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
What We Offer
- Fully distributed team, located in 19 countries
- 4 weeks paid holiday per year
- Yearly team meetup – this year we went to Portugal!
- Scrum development process
- Anti-discriminatory company culture – we won’t discount you for things like needing to pick your kids up from school, your age, your ethnicity, or your gender
- An excited, communicative, and helpful team – we keep our work environment positive, but we also place importance on honesty
1. Passion – We need both energy and passion to develop cutting edge AI. To succeed at CVEDIA, you’ll need to have a strong investment in both your career and the role of AI in the future of the planet.
2. Commitment – CVEDIA has the opposite of a “quick-n-dirty” mentality. Every aspect of our technology has been meticulously built, and is always the product of very hard work.
3. Autonomy – Carrying confidence in the work we do individually is required to work at the pace that we do as a team. Academic research, tutorials, and even creating our own solutions with the tools we have are all on the board during a regular day’s work.
4. Joy – It’s one of our greatest strengths to bring excitement into our workplace. We carry this energy into meetings, project planning, and our dedication to our work, and focus on work that feels meaningful.
5. Communication – Honest discussions are imperative to the flow of work and ideas. Team members need to be able to effectively communicate complex ideas to those who don’t work in their field. It’s a regular occurrence to spontaneously discuss plans and ideas with any team member on the fly, including our CEO or CTO. Each team member is respected equally and acts as a valuable contributor.
How to Apply
- Please mention your city and country of residence in your application
- English applications only – a professional speaking and writing command of English is required for this role
- Due to time zone difficulties, we’re currently only accepting applicants in European timezones If you live outside of the EU time zone please do not apply.
- During the hiring process you will be asked to answer a technical questionnaire and fill out a relevant task. These questions and task are crucial for us to evaluate your technical skills and knowledge.