Ball Corporation supplies innovative, sustainable packaging solutions for beverage, personal care and household products customers, as well as aerospace and other technologies and services primarily for the U.S. government. Ball Corporation and its subsidiaries employ 17,500 people worldwide and reported 2018 net sales of $11.6 billion. Ball is dedicated to creating an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Ball Corporation is committed to recruiting, training, compensating and promoting regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, or veteran status.
household products to consumers around the world. Ball Aerospace is known for its contributions in support of space and Earth science, exploration, national security and intelligence programs.
Ball is a Lean / Six Sigma environment – exposure to these tools and methods is preferred.
Ball Corporation is currently looking for a motivated and nimble person for the position:
Senior Network Engineer - WAN & Wireless
(Location: GBS Belgrade)
Primary purpose of position:
Provides operational support for all services delivered by the Ball Global Telecom department. Documents and maintains Standard Operating Procedures for the services. Responsible for leading and delivering technical solutions of a complex nature in support of business requirements. Designs, configures, tests, installs, monitors and supports complex applications on high-end platforms within the global network. Mentors others on the team by providing guidance in solving complex problems. Ensures solutions are in alignment with the operations architecture blueprint and adheres to standards and policies, and are clearly aligned with the priorities of the business. Accountable for team guidance and delivery of complex, technical solutions to business needs.
Reports to: Manager III
- Has a broad perspective to identify innovative technical solutions, solves complex problems, and provides a new vision to existing solutions
- Tunes the operating environment parameters to ensure the efficient use of existing resources
- Suggests improvements to optimize the current environment with tools for efficient turnaround
- Performs hands-on network administration tasks including installation of network products, configuration of technical environments, backup configurations and recovery
- Seeks opportunities to automate administrative tasks and procedures
- Troubleshoots complex problems with Windows, UNIX, Linux and/or ERP production support issues and provides post-trouble continuous improvement guidance (post-mortems, revised best-practices, and updated documentation/procedures/training/general learning in formal method)
- Prioritizes assigned projects and requirements based on limited direction and guidance.
- Estimates resource availability and efforts
- Assesses the performance of systems to identify and correct problems which impact operating efficiencies and quality. Maintains active liaison role with user community to ensure the continuing responsiveness of the systems to the users’ requirements
- Provides a high level of customer service, partners with end-users in the resolution of issues or in the deployment of enhancements
- Participates in on-call support rotations and provides support as part of global team
- Collaborates with other IT staff as well as other stakeholders to align solution in support of the business’ tactical and strategic plans
- Communication: Ability to communicate effectively, write effectively, read, comprehend, and follow complicated verbal and written instructions
- Valid CCNE/CCNP certification, or ability to display CCNE/CCNP Level knowledge
- 7-15 years of operations experience
- Proven record for working in a stressful and demanding, customer facing, environment
- Ability to demonstrate a depth of WAN and LAN knowledge to include STP, OSPF, BGP, and VRFs
- WAN Routing expert skills (BGP, OSPF, MPLS and VRFs)
- Datacenter expert skills (F5, DHCP, DNS, Nexus, Virtual Switches)
- Cisco ISE and wireless AP infrastructure administration experience
- Experience with Prime, Splunk, WireShark, and / or other troubleshooting tools
- “Self-Starter” capable of operating at a high level without SOP documentation
- Experience with all: deploying, refreshing, and maintaining operational environments
- Ability and experience leading both technical projects, and technical teams
- Experience with multinational networking
- Extensive vendor management experience with a focus on Telecom Account/Circuit and asset management
- Exceptional technical expertise in data network topology
- Experience in driving process and technology re-engineering using industry practices e.g., COBIT, ITIL, CMMi
- Knowledge of Network and Telecommunication's cabling (Cat5E, Cat6A, Fiber Optics, etc.) specifications and installation best practices
- Proven project planning and management experience
- Proven focus in metrics-driven delivery: defining Service Level Agreements (SLAs), monitoring SLAs, enhancing environment to meet SLAs
- Ability to participate with functional counterparts within the organization and through all stages of planning and development of program objectives; including directing and allocating the department’s resources, timing, etc., needed to assure program(s) completion
- Must maintain professional competence, ethical integrity, knowledge, and skills
- Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably a BS in a related field or engineering
- Experience with multinational networking
- Familiarity with firewall technologies
- Cisco VoIP telephony experience
- Experience with Mobility technologies
If you are interested in the above position and your profile fits with the above requirements, please send us your resume.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.