Senior NodeJS Developer
Balkaneum is a Serbian software development company founded in 2017. Our early work was focused on blockchain and cryptocurrencies, but we have since expanded to the wider fields of e-commerce and asset trading.
We seek to expand our Xcalibra team with a senior Node.JS developer, due to the acquisition of financing and planned future expansions of the platform.
What you will be working on:
Xcalibra (https://xcalibra.com) is a financial asset exchange that allows people to trade with crypto and traditional currencies. The main challenge we face is setting things up so that we can process a high volume of trading activity coming from users and bots alike. All activities must be reflected back in realtime, using API-s and sockets. This is not a simple web API, there are a lot of moving parts to consider.
Our current stack and workflow are as follows:
- Our backends and satellite apps are based on node.js (ES6/7, promises, 2 layer architecture, koa, knex, ajv)
- Data is stored in PostgreSQL and block devices
- UI-s are made with react and related technologies (typescript, styled-components, bootstrap, next.js, strapi)
- Some of the admin apps are wrapped in electron.js
- Our devops flow is based on gitlab + gitlab-ci
- We are hosting everything on our own dedicated server infrastructure
You would be our ideal candidate if:
- You have at least 3 years of professional experience working on backend services or system software.
- You know node.js or are interested in transitioning to it.
- You understand best practices and when to break them. You can write performant code, but know when not to. You appreciate the importance of combating the spread of entropy in large codebases.
- You are a thoughtful and detail-oriented developer. The code you deliver is reasonably tested and stable, leaving only an occasional edge case for the QA to discover. You don’t expect anyone else to clean up behind you.
- You are proactive. Instead of sitting idly, you pick tickets you’d like to work on. You create new ones when you have an idea or notice something wrong. You are OK with a flat organizational structure.
- You can jump in and help with frontend, in a full-stack capacity (when needed)
- You are comfortable communicating in English, in written and verbal form
Benefits of working at Balkaneum:
- No outsourcing, no dealing with clients or salesmen - we work on our own products
- Small teams in good offices (no open office layout), ergonomic chairs
- Great computers, choose between a high-powered PC or a Mac
- Private health insurance
- Company-provided free lunch every day
- Fully stocked fridge, coffee
- Competitive salary
- Gym membership
- Company-sponsored trips to conferences and meetups
- Well defined pay increase schedule
- Bonuses based on team achievements
We are all working from our offices in Belgrade city center, near the Parliament building.
With your application, we encourage you to include your open source code profile (Github, bitbucket...), portfolio site, stack overflow account, hacker rank link, a code sample or anything else that demonstrates your craftsmanship.