Who you are:
You are a talented, professional and motivated PHP developer who is dedicated to his craft, writes code that is proud of and can hit the ground running. As a very detail oriented specialist with good problem-solving skills you are comfortable around both back-end and front-end programming. You are able to write beautiful, fast PHP to a high standard, in a timely and scalable way that improves the code-base of our products in meaningful ways.
You will be a part of a distributed agile team that is responsible for all aspects of the ongoing software development from the initial specification, through to developing, testing and launching.
Who we are:
ScholarshipOwl.com is a scholarship search and application productivity tool that helps students obtain scholarships to reduce their out-of-pocket costs, and potentially graduate debt-free. It streamlines and enhances the scholarship search, match, and application process, enabling students to work more quickly and efficiently, resulting in an increased odds of earning scholarships.
ScholarshipOwl is a company that values the investment of time in people and mirror your success with recognition and a career path.
What you will do:
- Be a part of the Scrum team and a good team member;
- Maintenance and development REST API of the company main project;
- Development and maintenance of Node.JS, Golang micro services;
- Write clean well design code and follow industry best practices;
- Contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Front-end: VueJS, NuxtJS, Bulma, Tailwind, HTML5, CSS3;
- Back-end: Laravel 8.0, Doctrine, MySQL, MongoDB;
- Infrastructure: GCP, GKE, Docker, Cloud Functions.
- 5+ years of experience in PHP and Web technologies;
- Proven experience in PHP, Laravel framework and Doctrine ORM, PHPUnit;
- Experience in developing REST API;
- Strong knowledge of OOP Design Patterns, Git, code design principles;
- Strong knowledge of MySQL or any relational database;
- Understanding of Agile/Scrum methodologies;
- Knowledge of English language (level of B2 and above).
Would be a plus:
- Experience with Golang;
- Experience with Vue.JS, CSS3 and Less/Sass;
- CI/CD pipelines understanding;
- Experience with cloud environments and microservices infrastructure.
What we offer:
- Fully remote work environment;
- Unlimited vacation days;
- Company summits once or twice a year in different locations;
- $200/month workspace allowance;
- Flexible schedule;
- Hardware budget;
- Very attractive work culture in an established technology company. We take pride in our work and people;
- The ability to contribute to our company and product, and see your contributions come to tangible fruition;
- Opportunity to work in a small but growing company, and have a direct influence on the future of the company;
- Be part of a product that helps millions of students live a better life.