At Automattic, we believe in making the web a better place. We’re the people behind WordPress.com, the WordPress mobile apps, WooCommerce, Tumblr, Simplenote, WordPress VIP, and more, and we’re looking for seasoned Product Designers with experience designing mobile apps to keep the web free and open with us.
You’ll join a diverse design team and work closely with engineers, marketers, and customer support from around the world in a fully remote company to create mobile products that make online publishing and commerce accessible to everyone.
What you’ll do
- Design exceptional mobile products from start to finish, participating in all phases of design, from definition to implementation and optimization.
- Iterate actively with prototypes at all levels of design fidelity, informed by user research, market trends, and business goals.
- Communicate and share often in written, verbal, and visual forms to create alignment and move the work towards implementation.
- Collaborate regularly with engineers to ship high-quality mobile app experiences.
- Contribute to both Automattic products and the larger open source and design communities.
What we are looking for
- A keenness for identifying user needs, defining clear solutions, and delivering those through detailed design, ideally with a focus on mobile app experiences.
- The flexibility to design in low and high fidelity and choose the most efficient and responsible process for the job at hand.
- The ability to integrate feedback, validate, and iterate on our products while being mindful of our customers, contributors, and insights gleaned by our support teams.
- The ability to connect business strategies, available technologies, and design solutions to deliver best-in-class user experiences on mobile devices.
- Familiarity with both Google’s Material Design Guidelines and Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines, and the role they play in native app design. Bonus points if you’ve worked on mobile products focused on content creation.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills — you’ll be collaborating with others and presenting your work regularly.
- A proficiency in design and prototyping tools and familiarity with development.
- A genuine interest and familiarity with some of our products and the open source community.
- Familiarity with remote work (or excitement to try it!).
How we work
We’re a global, distributed workforce in over 70 countries. We value open source, prioritize transparent communication, believe that good ideas can (and do) come from anywhere, so we encourage Automatticians to work together across positions and roles. Together we create, develop, and care for a collection of digital products and services that are committed to democratizing publishing and commerce.
- We’re kind to each other and our users – we strive to build a positive, supportive, and inclusive culture of cohesive teams focused on delivering value to our customers.
- We have no set hours, or expectation that you’re online from 9 to 5. You create a schedule that allows you to collaborate with your team and get your best work done.
- We travel sometimes to meet up and work together.
- We welcome collaboration, and you can be involved in any discussion across our many communication channels. Here’s more about what we expect from ourselves.
HOW TO APPLY
If you’d like to apply, fill out our application form below.
We are lucky to receive hundreds of applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out.
We are the people behind WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Jetpack, Tumblr, Simplenote, Longreads, Day One, and more. We believe in making the web a better place.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1600 Automatticians in 80+ countries speaking 90+ different languages. We democratize publishing and commerce so anyone with a story can tell it, and anyone with a product can sell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or country.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION AT AUTOMATTIC
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.
Deadline for applications: 17.07.2022.
Oni su ljudi koji stoje iza WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Jetpack, Tumblr, WordPress VIP, Simplenote, Longreads, Crowdsignal, Atavist, Happy Tool idrugih. Ponosni su što su kompanije sa preko 1100 autmatičara u 75 zemalja koji govore preko 90 različitih jezika.