Senior Product/UX Designer in Office Media Group
The Office Media Group (OMG) has a simple vision – to empower all Microsoft 365 customers to achieve more with media. Building and maintaining strong connections across location and time is critical in the world we live in. The emotional power of media – video, audio, and photos – makes it best-in-class for fostering personal and relatable connections. We aim to unlock the power of media for every Microsoft customer with tools and experiences thoughtfully targeted to meet their needs.
In OMG, we believe that great teams are formed when everyone takes accountability in the team’s culture. As such, we thrive to be friendly, helpful, collaborative, and to seek out different perspectives. It is important to us that we are always taking the time to help others, celebrate successes, and learn from failures. A deep customer understanding fuels every step of our planning so that we imagine, build, and ship high quality experiences that meet the needs of and delight our customers. OMG is a global team, with offices in four countries and team members working all around the world. We are committed to each person feeling connected, regardless of where they work and live.
The team in Serbia is focused on improving video viewing experiences in productivity scenarios. This is especially relevant today, given the abundance of recorded meetings across industries and schools. The roadmap includes logical improvements like adding chapters and interactivity and cutting-edge AI powered experiences that will unlock the full potential of video.
Our team is looking for a Senior Product Designer to help us deliver a best-in-class video playback experience on the web and mobile. This role requires strength in all stages of the product cycle: research, idea inception, storytelling, and execution with hands-on specs and designs. You will collaborate with Program Managers, Engineers, Data Scientist, Design Researchers, other Designers, and members of partner teams to create world-class, delightful user experiences for both business and consumer customers.
The ideal candidate is passionate about video as an increasingly important form of communication and as an essential tool for modern productivity. You are customer-focused, utilizing user insights to develop creative and pragmatic solutions. Candidates must demonstrate the ability to execute high-quality design work within time and technical constraints, amid competing priorities and ambiguous situations. As a Senior Designer, you will also be an advocate for the value of design excellence across disciplines.
- Proficient in design excellence: ideating product vision, solving problems with a customer-centric mindset, and delivering high-quality outcomes that empower customers to do more with video
- Enhance existing features to improve usability and customer delight
- Work great independently, and collaboratively, on multiple end-to-end projects at the same time
- Generate fast outputs like storyboards, customer journeys, user flows, wireframes, user interface layouts and prototypes, then validate them using a variety of customer driven methods including the “Jobs to be Done” Framework
- Effective communication with a broad range of stakeholders on both design outcomes and research findings
- Drive collaboration across many Microsoft product groups to optimize video experiences across Microsoft 365, and work in partnership with other disciplines
- Initiate and facilitate UX efforts such as design jams, vision video creation, pitch decks or other materials that help algin people on common goals/direction
- High operational excellence for creating the assets and production work needed for Engineering partners to deliver products of high value and high-quality
- Guide the design process and outcome from concept to completion
- Contribute to the Design “team” culture, fostering diverse and inclusive practices
- Bachelors or master’s degree in Design or HCI, or comparable work experience
- 5+ years of relevant design experience with proven success in shipping products
- Hands-on experience creating prototypes, layouts, wireframes, and then iterating on them based on research insights from customers
- Excellent visual design understanding and skillset
- Passion for fostering relationships across disciplines and teams to create coherent, best-in-class customer experiences
- Strong understanding of human-centered design principles and the ability to incorporate it into every stage of the design process
- Professional experience documenting UX and interactivity through functional specs, wireframes, user flows, comps, and design system libraries
- Experience communicating/presenting to a wide variety of audiences, including senior leadership
- Ability to understand business objectives, critically review plans, and proactively adjust as needed
- Proven experience scoping projects accurately, prioritizing effectively, and producing to meet key deliverables
- Professional experience with tools such as Figma, Sketch, Abstract, and the Adobe Creative suite
- A portfolio that effectively tells the story of your work and demonstrates the breadth, quality, and journey of it. Please indicate your specific roles and contributions for each project submitted as part of the portfolio.
- Motion design expertise
- Experience with video creation tools such as Premiere or equivalent
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Deadline for applications: 15.12.2021.
Upoznaj kompaniju Microsoft Development Center Serbia
We are growing towards the most innovative Microsoft engineering Campus in Europe composed of high performing teams and extraordinary individuals building cutting edge Microsoft software services and products. Our outcomes power digital transformation of the most strategic WW companies as well as improve lives of every single individual. Our engineers come from most of the WW nations demonstrating the full diversity and inclusion as one of the core Microsoft Values. While we take pride about the quality and values of our people, we are also very proud of the ecosystem we generate around us, making Belgrade as one of the key engineering hubs in this part of the world. By enabling the key desired business outcomes of our customers, we lead and secure the profound business impact to Microsoft Corp.
na osnovu 1 recenzije
Karijera / privatni život
Iskustvo o radu
Data Collection and Labeling Associate
Videvši da nema puno iskustava za ovu mini - rolu, odlučila sam da prenesem svoja iskustva. Ljudi su uglavnom sjajni, radi se u okruženju sa developerima te je za ljude koji studiraju neki od struci srodnih fakulteta odlična prilika da se upoznaju sa kompanijskim načinom rada, upoznaju kolege koji su odlični u svom poslu.
Firma pruža sjajne uslove, kancelarije su odlično opremljene, postoje aktivnosti, pokloni za praznike i slično. U svakom slučaju jako lepo studentsko iskustvo. Part time je.
Posao kao posao nije najzanimljiviji na svetu, ume da bude i monoton što zavisi i od tima u kome si. Naravno, ovo svako od nas zna kada dođe, tako da nije razočaranje. Sem tog dela, smatram da je sve ostalo sjajno i da je za developersku, data science ili PM poziciju zaista sve sjajno.
- Osoba nije želela da prikaže svoje lične podatke
- Nije trenutno zaposlen/a u kompaniji
- Zaposlen na određeni vremenski period manje od jedne godine
Ove informaciju su mi korisne
Prosečna neto plata
Software Engineer 1 plata
Prosečna neto plata
6 € /satnica
Math Data Collection and Labelling Associate 1 plata
Grow your expertise and your career
Be fit and stay healthy
Contribute to the community