Come and join IDC, the most respected global technology market research firm. We are changing the way the world thinks about the impact of technology on business and society. Our people, data, and analytics create global technology insights that accelerate customer success.
IDC was recognized by the Institute of Industry Analyst Relations (IIAR) as the 2020 Analyst Firm of the Year for delivering critical, timely insights in coordinated efforts around the world, during a time when our customers faced unprecedented challenges.
Your position as Senior Research Analyst will be to research, manage and present market trends to some of the world’s largest and well-recognized consumer electronic brands.
You will conduct primary and secondary research for the IDC's Worldwide Quarterly Gaming Tracker. This service provides insightful analysis into the forces shaping the PC gaming market in Europe and examines how manufacturers are positioned in this increasingly competitive market. You will be reviewing strategies, market positioning, and market shares of the different PC Gaming vendors operating in the region.
This role presents an opportunity to gain extensive exposure to the PC and Gaming markets in Europe and to learn about the trends and the dynamics of the gaming industry.
This is an exciting role within a fast-paced and growing international company that will provide great career growth with training and mentoring by experienced colleagues
Our collaborative, innovative and entrepreneurial culture is the perfect place for you to discover your future.
The Senior Research Analyst will support and deliver industry and technology research for existing syndicated products – both qualitative and data-focused and as part of a global team. The analyst will also support specific consulting projects, based on IDC data and research from different groups within IDC. She/he will add to this with desk research from varied IDC sources enhancing the analysis and data. The analyst is also expected to build strong relationships with vendors active in these markets, understanding key business and technology issues they face.
Successful candidates will contribute to the team's cross-industry market research across Europe, provide support to custom engagements, respond to client enquiries, and support the sales and marketing teams. We expect the candidate to build ongoing relationships with manufacturers and channels, and produce comprehensive quantitative and qualitative analysis, explain key market trends, and advice on appropriate market strategies.
This position calls for someone with a good understanding of the consumer electronics market, with a passion for gaming.
The successful candidate must be a strong self-starter requiring minimal direct oversight. She/he will have excellent collaboration skills, be able to professionally insert herself/himself into projects in a positive and additive manner.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- At least 3 years experience working in the marketing intelligence team of a leading IT vendor, a large IT distributor in Europe, or a relevant practice at an IT market research or consulting firm.
- Passion for the gaming industry.
- Analytical enjoys working with numbers and shows a strong attitude to identify key business trends based on quantitative analysis.
- Outstanding writing skills, able to produce insightful reports based on sound survey or forecast data, providing meaningful recommendations.
- Experienced knowledge of MS Office packages. Experience in data modelling and forecasting techniques is an advantage.
- Extensive problem-solving skills and a positive attitude.
- Public speaking and good interpersonal communications skills.
- Professional fluency in written and oral business English is required, and fluency in a second European language would be advantageous.
- University BA/MS degree in Business, Economics, or Information Sciences.
In addition to a competitive remuneration package, IDC offers the chance to join a research team in the industry's foremost provider of market intelligence, providing expert advice and knowledge to major institutions and organizations in Europe.
IDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, handicap, race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, ancestry, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or other categories protected by law.