SENIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
- Do expressions like “disruptive technology”, “paradigm change” and “global scalability” appeal to you?
- Do you want to turn an established industry upside down?
- Are you fed up with corporate structures and politics? Do you want to have a direct impact and shape the company you are working for?
- Do you want to be part of a small and dedicated team, growing into a global company with worldwide market dominance?
- Are you service-oriented and can you build lasting customer relationships?
Then you are ready to read on – about an exciting journey that we invite you to join.
Interprefy is a unique, award winning, dynamic technology company operating a cloud-based platform for remote simultaneous interpreting (RSI) for conferences, meetings, press conferences and similar events.
Our concept is simple, but revolutionary: instead of being onsite, interpreters work remotely and conference participants use their smartphones as receivers. Since the interpreters need not travel and no interpreter booths must be installed on-site, cost savings compared to conventional interpreting technology are substantial, up to 50% and more.
We currently have the best RSI platform worldwide and we intend to maintain this lead. In November 2018 we set the world record with the highest number of interpreters working on a single event: 102.
With RSI, corporations, associations, NGOs and other international organisations can save millions without lowering the interpreting quality offered. However, many established industry players are conservative and averse to change. Nevertheless, Interprefy has gained a firm foothold in the market, working around the globe for well-known organisations like the UN, FIFA, Facebook and Google.
The cost reductions enable conference organisers to offer simultaneous interpreting also to smaller events such as workshops, seminars and sales meetings, which could not afford the service so far. An expansion of the existing multibillion-dollar market take place and new business opportunities are thereby created.
Please submit your CV via the Apply Here button. If you have possible questions, you can address them to Joao Garcia, joao.garcia@interprefy, +41 78 904 98 97.
As a Senior Software Developer, you will design, develop, test and support features in our cloudbased SaaS platform for online interpreting. You will be working with WebRTC and audio/video streaming frameworks or libraries.
You will be working online and independently, but with support from other developers and colleagues. You enjoy planning and carrying out your work on your own, while being part of a dynamic and international team. If you are a motivated professional who wants to work with a global team in a fast-paced environment, this could be the place for you!
- Perform design, development, testing, implementation and documentation within a fast-paced, agile-based work environment.
- Lead integrations with other providers.
- Develop proof-of-concepts.
- Provide estimations and manage timelines.
- Undertake daily maintenance and support tasks to guarantee the efficiency of the platform.
- Work together with users and clients to define the project requirements.
- 10+ years experience in developing software.
- Experience with WebRTC and audio/video streaming frameworks and libraries is a must.
- Experience with AWS (or other cloud platforms).
- Proven track record of substantial contributions to software projects with high business impact, in a fast-moving SaaS environment.
- Ability to collaborate with international remote teams and to manage projects carried out by external suppliers.
- Strong analytical, strategic thinking, problem solving, and organizational skills, as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments and roles.
- Solid ability to convey technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Passionate about technology and striving towards a great customer experience.
- Proactive and self-reliant.
- Comfortable to work remotely.
- Fully fluent in written and spoken English. Russian language is a plus.
- Experience with design of high-availability scalable cloud platforms is a plus.
- Knowledge of at least several of the following:
- Natural Language Processing
- Software architecture
- Network engineering