Pollard Digital Solutions (PDS), a Pollard Banknote Company, is looking for passionate, self-motivated and experienced candidates to join our agile teams in delivering reliable systems according to our customers’ needs. A Software Developer at PDS is responsible for software development activities within their team. Software Developers at PDS works in cross-functional teams to deliver reliable systems according to our customers’ needs. The teams practice Agile Software Development where shared responsibility, cooperation, and team spirit are valued.
- You care about your craft and can clearly convey you passion by your actions, rather than just waffly statements in your CV.
- You are a strong advocate of good software practices, testing included.
- You are experienced in software design and can engage in eloquent dialogue on a range of topics due to your past experience.
- You have initiative, can lead others by example.
- You are willing to share your knowledge and ideas with your peers.
- Your English skills, written and spoken, are solid.
- For you, it is not just a job.
Our teams are cross-functional, self-organizing, and highly autonomous. The teams work according to Agile methodology where shared responsibility, cooperation, and team spirit are highly valued. You will cooperate with teams located in Belgrade and Reykjavik. You will participate in analyzing, designing, developing, documenting, testing, and installing PDS' Gaming Solutions. We also expect you to take part in code reviews, professional knowledge sharing with peers, mentoring less experienced team members, project and release planning.
Our backend stack is mostly Java, but we are experimenting with many other languages and technologies. Here are some technologies we currently use:
- Spring Boot, VertX
- Docker, Kubernetes
- REST, OpenAPI, OAuth, OpenID Connect
- Oracle, PostgreSQL
We emphasize having a great working environment and offer the following to our employees:
- A truly great working environment
- Modern office space in Belgrade with high quality equipment
- Private health insurance
- Happy Fridays
- Social activities
- Events that encourage innovation
- Attending conferences and community events, both as participants and contributors
Pollard Digital Solutions is a full-solution supplier of lottery management and iLottery technology for world-wide lottery markets. The company is owned by Pollard Banknote Ltd. – a leading partner to more than 60 lotteries worldwide, providing high quality instant ticket products, licensed games, retail merchandising solutions, and a full suite of digital offerings. Established in 1907 in Winnipeg, Canada, Pollard Banknote is owned approximately 66.7% by the Pollard family and is publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (PBL).
PDS’ objective is to deliver the most innovative solutions that will render industry-leading returns to good causes in an ethically responsible way. PDS emphasizes a friendly, lively and respectful workplace atmosphere, where team spirit is highly valued.
Please submit your resume in English language. All applications will be handled with confidentiality. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.