You will be joining our team in this newly created position working closely with our leadership and senior engineers to oversee the architecture and design of the data warehouse and related extraction (reading events, telemetry, etc.), transformation, and loading functions. Your work will be highly visible, and the output from this data warehouse will be used to power block explorers, feeds UI, and answer questions to identify node operator uptime and behavior, feeds usage, gas fees, etc. We are a fully distributed team and have the tools and benefits to support you in a remote work environment.
- Oversee the design, and architect the data warehouse, including all related extraction, transformation, and data functions for the team.
- Create of the ETL process, setting borders for data ingested and processed at each stage.
- Lead our team of software engineers to develop various components of the ETL pipeline.
- Integrate code with blockchain clients to listen for events and own telemetry components of the Chainlink core node software.
- Conduct testing of the tools and data pipelines.
- Analyze data derived from this pipeline to fulfill the monitoring requirements of distributed node operators and to improve product development.
- 5+ years of professional software development.
- Proven experience implementing an ETL pipeline and manipulating data sets.
- Experience with Mapreduce or Spark preferred.
- Experience developing complex web applications / services and backend APIs.
- Experience with distributed systems and/or container orchestration.
This role is location agnostic anywhere in the world. Though we ask that you overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST).
Smart contracts are on track to revolutionize how all agreements work, through an entirely new system of technologically enforced contract guarantees. Chainlink enables next-generation smart contracts that can be written about any/all events in the real world, the details of our approach can be found in our whitepaper. We are well recognized for providing highly secure and reliable blockchain connectivity to the world's largest enterprises such as Google, Oracle, SWIFT, and many more.