Quickly maturing startup seeking like minded Sr. Software Engineer! PacketFabric redefines how companies procure, consume, and manage their network connectivity. The technical team is a small, talented, and close knit group and we need a team member to help us accomplish our goal of making the best darn carrier network on the planet.
As a well rounded software engineer, you should definitely be the type that appreciates diversity in your day, and challenges outside of your comfort level! A typical day in the life of a PacketFabric senior software engineer might include these types of activities:
- Designing a deterministic lifecycle workflow for our next product offering.
- Writing core platform code for a new feature, and unit tests for functionality.
- Refactoring and improving existing code for performance and simplicity. For example, breaking a large method into smaller, more maintainable and easily tested methods.
- Building command line tools to help network engineers better manage network state.
- Researching additional ideas, you may have to improve the product/platform overall and sharing with the team.
- Interacting with customers and/or sales on a bug in the software, quickly resolving it, and coordinating across the team to push a fix.
- Working with backend engineers and discussing quirks in network protocols and network interconnection which translate rapid API and UI changes.
Skills & Requirements
The right candidate will have an abundance of hard core programming skills, have solid instincts for API usability and design patterns. You are probably a full stack developer who naturally gravitates towards work on a product core. You know how to sacrifice algorithmic elegance for getting it done on deadline. More specifics include:
- Extensive experience with Python and PHP in large applications developed in a team environment.
- Expert unit tester.
- Experience in large scale distributed systems.
- SQL experience.
- Extensive experience with the HTTP protocol and developing and using RESTful APIs.
- A solid understanding of OO programming paradigms.
- Experience with a message queue system like RabbitMQ or Kafka.
- Experience using NoSQL data stores like Redis.
- Be completely at home on any *nix command line and building your own tools.
- Very comfortable using Git in a team environment (i.e. pull-requests, branch management, rebasing).
- Experience working in an environment leveraging remote communication collaboration tools like Slack, Zoom etc.
- Never being afraid to venture boldly where none have gone before and develop code where there are no previous libraries to draw from.
- A huge plus for actually doing any router/switch configuration or infrastructure automation.
- Previous exposure to layer 2/3 networking protocols and concepts such as IPv4/6, VLANs, VPNs, BGP, etc.
- Experience with Python-based web application frameworks like Flask, Django, or Sanic
- Any experience interacting with physical world equipment – industrial, medical, etc
- Experience with Vue.js, Angular and AngularJS.
PacketFabric is the connectivity cloud. We built a global, 50+Tbps carrier-class optical network that is completely automated and consumable on-demand like SaaS, so enterprises can connect the core of their hybrid and multi-cloud architectures and grow their digital business.
We offer private and secure point-to-point, hybrid cloud, multi-cloud, and custom connectivity services that you can provision in minutes via our self-service portal or programmable API. We offer flexible consumption of our services, with month-to-month or longer terms, or even usage-based for bursting and disaster recovery.
PacketFabric was recognized with the “2020 Fierce Telecom Innovation Award for Cloud Services,” named one of the “10 Hottest Networking Startups of 2020” by CRN, a Futuriom 40 Top Private Company, and a “2020 Cool Vendor in Enhanced Internet Services and Cloud Connectivity” by Gartner.
PacketFabric is a distributed, fully remote team with people living and working all over the world.
What PacketFabric Offers
- Remote first, globally distributed team.
- The chance to disrupt the entrenched telecommunications infrastructure industry.
- A supportive and optimistic team that likes to learn from each other.
- A product development pipeline that’s constantly pushing new features and enhancing the quality of existing products.
- The opportunity to work with many different industries and customer types.
- A small company culture.
- Great health, dental, and 401(k) for US residents.
What PacketFabric Doesn’t Offer
- Lack of direction: we maintain a clear roadmap and product pipeline.
- A commute: no hours wasted in megaregion rush hour traffic.
- A dress code: a robe and slippers is acceptable attire any day of the week
Here at PacketFabric, we want all of our employees to feel valued, appreciated, and free to be who they are. We provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and follow employment lifecycle processes designed to prevent discrimination against our people, regardless of gender identity or expression or intersex, sexual orientation, religion, spiritual beliefs, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, national origin, citizenship, generation, culture, or any protected category under federal, state and local law.
PacketFabric redefiniše kako kompanije koriste i grade mrežne (network) usluge. Ova kompanija jednostavno, ekonomično i stabilno povezuje mreže i sve svoje usluge pruža preko svog API portala.