At project44 we’re on a mission - to make supply chains work.
project44 optimizes the movement of products globally, delivering better resiliency, sustainability, and value for our customers. As the supply chain connective tissue, we operate the most trusted end-to-end visibility platform that tracks more than 1 billion shipments annually for the world’s leading brands. The undisputed leader in the market, project44 was named the Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, #1 in FreightWaves’ FreightTech 25, and the Customer’s Choice in Gartner Peer Insights’ Voice of the Customer report. project44 is headquartered in Chicago with a diverse and fast-growing, global workforce.
If you’re eager to be part of a winning team that works together to solve some of the most challenging supply chain challenges every day, let’s talk.
Do you have a track record of building both internal and external-facing software services in a fast-paced environment? Are you passionate about introducing disruptive and innovative software solutions for the $1T shipping and logistics industry? Are you ready to deliver immediate impact with the software you create?
We’re looking for full-stack software engineers like you to become key members of our product development organization. Because you are curious and driven, you’ll naturally explore how to build elegant and creative solutions to complex technical challenges. Because you value a sense of community and shared commitment, you’ll collaborate closely with others to ship software that delights our customers. Are you up for the challenge?
Who You Are
- You have 4+ years of software development experience
- You pay attention to details, and love writing beautiful, well-designed and tested code that can stand the test of time
- You’ve built high-quality software, solved technical problems at scale and believe in shipping software iteratively and often
- You’ve owned a project from concept to production including the design and execution phases
- You consider the effect of your work across multiple teams and proactively manage potential issues
- You have solid engineering fundamentals
What You'll Do
- Build both internal and external REST/JSON services running on our Docker-based application stack
- Build data pipelines around event-based and streaming-based AWS services and application features
- Craft, deploy and support performant production software on AWS
- Share ownership of all facets of software delivery, including development, operations and test
- Be a positive role model and mentor for junior developers in all areas of code health
- You will assume on-call responsibilities for systems that are built and owned by your team. If local regulations require – we will compensate you for the duration of on-call
- You will invest in tools, monitoring and automation to improve on-call experience for everyone on your team
Tech We Use
- Our application stack runs entirely on Docker – frontend and backend
- Our infrastructure is on AWS and uses managed services whenever possible. Current examples: RDS, EC2 Elastic
- Container Service (Docker), Kinesis, SQS, Lambda and Redshift
- Java is our language of choice for long-lived backend services
- Python for tooling and data science
- Postgres is our SQL database of choice
Diversity & Inclusion
At project44, we're designing the future of how the world moves and is connected through trade and global supply chains. As we work to deliver a truly world-class product and experience, we are also intentionally building teams that reflect the unique communities we serve. We’re focused on creating a company where all team members can bring their authentic selves to work every day.
We’re building a company that every one of us at project44 is proud to work for, and our journey of becoming a more diverse, equitable and inclusive organization, where all have a sense of belonging, is shaped through the actions of our leadership, global teams and individual team members. We are resolute in our belief that each team member has an equal responsibility to mold and uphold our culture.
project44 is an equal opportunity employer seeking to enrich our work environment by creating opportunities for individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to thrive. If you share our values and our passion for helping the way the world moves, we’d love to review your application!
For any needed accommodations during the hiring process, please contact us electronically. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above job description you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
A candidate will be asked to conduct a pre-employment criminal back ground screening test as a standard routine to minimize moral & integrity risks among our staff and to ensure Project44 is compliant with its internal pre-employment screening policy and SOC 2, Sarbanes Oxley Act and ISO 27001 compliance. We will only ask you to conduct a criminal background check when we believe it is proportionate to the role that you will fulfil within your team and/or department A criminal back ground check will be facilitated by our third party vendor Accurate who will assist you to get the appropriate documents from authorities in the country where you will be employed. Depending on the country where you will be employed your local authority will provide a Certificate of Conduct or similar document upon your request. If there are any costs related to screening, these will be borne by Project44. When our vendor Accurate will reach out to, you will be asked for your consent. We would like to emphasize that at all time you can decide to withdraw from the application process and/or to withdraw the consent to perform a screening test.