Senior Software Engineer (Java)
Our teams proudly develop our product consisting of flexible and user-friendly payment cards, enabling real-time payments, justifications, and approvals for our customers making corporate expenses a hassle-free experience. SimpledCard values integrity, being down-to-earth, smart, and open-minded. We strive to be recognized by customers and the market for the simplicity and high quality of our service.
We care deeply about continuously improving our product, as is evidenced by our customers, and are proud of what we do for our customers. Our customer base and revenue is growing and even did so during the pandemic. Now, we’re gearing up for even more growth.
Since we work in finance, we embrace the importance of rules, regulations, and processes and at the same time, we also understand that it’s the people that make them work.
Our engineers are talented problem solvers that care about the big picture. We respect each other, even when we disagree. While we know that working at SimpledCard is great, we sincerely value a good work-life balance.
Do you have solid development experience and great communication skills? Are you a team player with a ‘can do’ mentality? Are you passionate about building & running high-quality next-gen FinTech products? All of the above? Sounds like a match
SimpledCard is a successful B2B fintech scaleup with over 750 medium to large customers and offices being home to our 50+ team members in Amsterdam, Munich, Budapest, and Belgrade.
Our team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer (Java) who will write and maintain scalable code while collaborating with other stakeholders.
You'll not only write code, but you'll also craft our product. Adapting to change is easy for you, and you enjoy learning from others and cooperating with them. Yes, you understand the importance of automation in testing, tooling, and operations
Your responsibilities would include:
- Designing and delivering high-quality software at scale
- Writing clean, reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Maintaining product and managing production system.
- Owning the delivery throughout all phases of SDLC.
- Mentoring where required
- Collaborating closely with other Engineers, Product Owners and other stakeholders
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years designing/building Java backend applications.
- Strong understanding of RESTful web service design.
- Extensive experience with relational DBs (PostgreSQL is plus).
- Development in a modern cloud-based environment and related technologies such as AWS, Docker etc.
- Working knowledge of Linux.
- Maintaining high standards of quality for software.
- Demonstrate good judgement and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
What would make you stand out:
- Working with highly-available distributed applications.
- Experience with Java 11
- Building API integrations.
- Spring Boot.
- AWS services.
- Build systems, CI/CD.
- Financial applications / FinTech industry.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to become a part of a rapidly growing FinTech scaleup. Our customer base has shown that we have a great product-market fit, and we continue to grow.
- Excellent terms of employment including a great work-life balance
- Work in a fun and supportive environment with regular team events.
- Product culture and business savvy: we don’t just write code, we build great products.
How to improve spend management?
You want reliable financial results but sometimes the smallest stream of spending produces the highest amount of work. Organizing payment methods, processing and checking declarations manually can be a laborious and lengthy workflow.
Every step can be prone to errors, loss of information, risk of fraud, and lead to a lack of insight into your actual spend.
Watertight expense management
SimpledCard helps finance managers to get better control over business spend, so that they can simply rely on their financial reporting.
Experience how you can combine watertight expense management with more ease and security for your employees.
Preporuke se učitavaju...