Senior Software Engineer (Node.js)
Senior Software Engineer (Node.js)
Float is the world's leading resource scheduling app, helping more than 3,000 creative teams plan their time.
We're seeking a Node.js expert to collaborate with a small, highly-skilled engineering team to scale and maintain our industry-leading SaaS.
Your primary responsibility will be implementing the technical strategy and leading the development of our server-side applications, microservices, and API. This includes supporting our family of dedicated integrations and web and mobile applications. With a growing audience of more than 3,000 businesses logging in each day to Float, your role will have a massive influence on team productivity across the world.
You'll be working alongside a small, skilled team of Senior Engineers across five countries, participating in system design, architecture, maintenance, and refactoring decisions. You'll be working on new features and integrations, as well as managing ongoing technical debt. You'll be active in code reviews and coordinating engineering efforts across teams and products.
As a fully remote team, we're looking for senior-level candidates whose primary focus and love is the work, not the management of others. You’ll report directly to our CTO, who is based in New York.
We’re looking for someone with proven leadership experience in a senior technical role, preferably for an SMB or enterprise-grade SaaS. You'll be able to demonstrate successful past projects for professional, public-facing, large-scale web applications.
The role will require:
- Expert proficiency with server-side development using Node.js
- Expert proficiency with relational and NoSQL databases (MySQL, MongoDB) and query languages (SQL, MongoDB including Aggregation Pipeline)
- Expertise with microservices-based architecture in production
- Experience with software containerization (Docker, Kubernetes) and serverless computing
- Experience developing REST or GraphQL APIs
- Experience developing integrations with third-party APIs
- Experience with cloud computing vendors (GCP, AWS)
- Experience with CircleCI, Jenkins and/or similar CI/CD applications
- Demonstrated extensive node.js experience in a production environment
You have well-considered opinions about software best practices and demonstrate a passion for the craft of software and technical product development. We encourage the sharing of our views within the technical community and support our team members in these endeavors.
All our team members possess a strong eye for detail and a love and respect for design. We're attracted to candidates that can demonstrate this in their past work experience.
You should be comfortable working autonomously, with previous experience collaborating as part of a remote team a big plus. Excellent English and written communication skills are required to be successful in this role.
- Co-working expense budget: A budget for when you'd like to work out of home.
- Work where you want: As long as you have great internet speeds, be wherever you want to be.
- Annual team meet-up: We get together as a full team every year. The last two were in Athens and Lisbon.
- Medical, dental & vision: In the US, we pay 50% of your coverage, including partners and children.
- Home Office Expense Budget: We help you kickstart or upgrade your home office setup.
- Team Liquidity Pool: Rewarding our team if there's ever an exit
We’re a 100% remote and global team. We’re looking for the best of the best, so your location is not important. We encourage people of different backgrounds and perspectives to join our team and deliver their best work.
The salary range is US $100K - $130K. Compensation is benchmarked relative to experience and equitable to other roles at Float. If you are based outside the US, as half our team is, you will be hired as a contractor.