Harness is a rapidly growing startup that is disrupting the software delivery market. We are building an intelligent software delivery platform that enables engineers to deliver software faster, with higher quality, and less effort. The Harness Software Delivery Platform includes Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Efficiency, Continuous Verification, and Continuous Features. The platform is designed to help companies accelerate their cloud initiatives as well as their adoption of containers and orchestration tools like Kubernetes and Amazon ECS.
Harness is led by technologist and entrepreneur, Jyoti Bansal, who founded AppDynamics and sold it to Cisco for $3.7 Billion. We’re backed with $60M Series-B funding from top-tier VC firms Menlo Ventures, IVP, GV (formerly Google Ventures), and ServiceNow Ventures.
Harness is an engineering and innovation first company. Our teams take pride in solving complex, computer science problems to empower Software and DevOps professionals.
This is an amazing opportunity to be a Platform Software Engineer in a high-growth, high-potential startup. In this role, you will be responsible for architecting, designing, developing and delivering high quality software that has a direct impact on the company’s product experience. The Harness Platform Engineering team is the foundation of all Harness product offerings. You will have the opportunity to scale Harness’ platform to support multiple product verticals and grow professionally in a highly visible way.
The Harness Platform team is an open and collaborative group of highly talented engineers who are welcoming and engaging.
Your role at Harness
- Design, develop, and maintain critical software in a fast-paced quality conscious environment
- Quickly understand complex systems/code and own key pieces of the system, including the delivered quality
- Design and implementation of scalable algorithms
- Diagnose and troubleshoot complex problems in a distributed computing environment
- Perform peer reviews of specifications, designs, and code
- Work alongside Site Reliability Engineers and cross functional teams to diagnose/troubleshoot any production performance related issues
- 6+ years of Java experience designing, developing, and debugging complex code
- Strong background in data structures and algorithms
- BS in CS or equivalent. Advanced degree is a plus
- Experience in as many of the following areas
- Building containerized applications (Docker)
- Building applications in a Micro Services Architecture
- Working with Networking and Security protocols (HTTPS, SSL, Certs)
- Designing/developing REST, GRPC, and GraphQL APIs
- Using MongoDB, including indexing and query optimization
- Working with platforms and tools like AppD, Stackdriver, GCP, Kubernetes, OpenShift
- Knowledge of Go is a plus
- What you will have at Harness
- Competitive salary and early-stage stock options
- Flexible work schedule
- Paid Time Off and Parental Leave
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual social and team building events
- TGIF-Off program
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.