Adzerk is a cloud-based service for building custom ad serving solutions quickly and easily. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer 5-10 years experience to join our UX/UI team.
In this role, you will...
- Deliver an improved user experience that delights customers
- Develop a strategy for incrementally making the platform’s browser-base single page management application customizable, allowing it to be tailored to meet specific customer requirements
- Collaborate with product managers and a designer to shape new features
- Reduce the volume of issues reported against the UI
- Help provide operational oversight for the platform, making sure we are up and running 24/7
- Work closely with our customer success teams to deliver value and drive growth
You will be a member of an engineering team that values...
- Constant improvement. If your processes have a way to improve themselves, you’ll never be stuck in a rut. We hold retros, and we value and protect the ability of any team member to say, “This can and should be better.” We value experimentation, especially when coupled with measurement.
- Balance. We’re a collaborative team. We kick ideas around. The more viewpoints we have, the more likely we are to hear a good idea we haven’t thought of. We all have the opportunity to work on all parts of the system. No one is stuck working on the legacy systems full time.
- Working to live, not living to work. We take our work seriously. We strive to make the best software we can for our clients. But we know that “release death marches” are not the way to achieve this. Software is a marathon, not a sprint. We work hard, but at a sustainable pace, and do better work as a result.
- Autonomy. One of our core values as a company is, “We’re all adults.” We do code reviews and sometimes we pair program, but we trust each other. If you thought about the problem and have an opinion, your teammates will listen.
- Mastery. Our CEO started out as a software engineer. Our VP of Engineering writes Clojure. We have an engineering team with decades of collective experience writing high-quality, fault-tolerant distributed systems. We love taking on and solving hard problems. We love learning.
- A sense of purpose. We know what problem we’re trying to solve: to provide a first-rate ad serving platform to our global customers while continuing to evolve our product to meet the needs of the future.
Experience with the following is helpful...
- Building modern single page apps in the browser using React and/or Hoplon
- Database technologies
- HTTP-based APIs
- Amazon Web Services, including EC2, S3, CloudFront, RDS, Lambdas, CloudFormation
- Monitoring and operations
- Site Reliability Engineering
Adzerk has been helping brands innovate ad serving since 2009. We are the market leader in ad serving APIs and handle 3 billion+ API requests a day. We're trusted by innovative brands like Yelp, Mozilla, Ticketmaster, WeTransfer, Lamar, and Bed Bath & Beyond.
Adzerk is based in Durham, NC with locations in San Francisco and London. We embrace remote working culture with over half of our team working outside of Durham, spread across the United States and United Kingdom. Adzerk is proud to be an inclusive workplace with one goal in common — we want to make the internet a better place.
Adzerk provides world class benefits to our employees including 100% company paid health, vision, and dental for our employees and their families. We have paid maternity and paternity leave, 401k, and unlimited vacation. We embrace transparency and encourage you to read more about what we value through our Company Constitution and Employee Bill of Rights, our About Adzerk page, and Careers Page.