WooCommerce is an open-source commerce platform built on top of WordPress. We believe in democratizing commerce, and making it available to as many people, in as many ways as possible. WooCommerce enables anyone to set up a physical or digital store, to sell products or subscriptions, to sell their time, or just about anything else, pretty much anywhere on earth. As an open platform, we empower an entire ecosystem of developers and builders to provide custom solutions for things we can’t even dream of. Payments are at the center of all commercial activity, and we have a number of exciting products and services in this area.
WHAT HAVE WE WORKED ON RECENTLY?
- WooCommerce Payments brings a hosted, Stripe-powered payment system right into WooCommerce, and integrates it natively. Leveraging our React-powered admin, our own API layer, and a deep understanding of the commerce space, we’re giving payment handling its deserved place in the middle of the WooCommerce experience.
- We work directly with a number of high-profile partners like Stripe, PayPal, and Square to provide first-class payment experiences with their platforms.
- WooCommerce Core is the most popular commerce solution, built for WordPress. It’s the foundation for everything else we do.
- To view more of our recent work, check out our longer product list on Automattic.com.
ENOUGH ABOUT US, LET’S TALK MORE ABOUT YOU. AS AN ECOMMERCE ENGINEER YOU:
- Have expert knowledge of Stripe's APIs, including those for the Connect, Payments, Checkout, and Billing products.
- Have experience building international payments applications which support dozens of countries, languages and currencies, including transactions with different presentment and settlement currencies.
- Have worked with APIs from leading payments companies like Stripe, PayPal or Square, and are capable of designing and building similar APIs for our own services.
- Have experience with financial services products such as lending, card issuing, bank accounts and insurance.
- Have worked on digital wallets like Apple Pay, Google Pay or PayPal.
- Have integrated risk tools, especially relating to account based or merchant risk, for payments, lending and other financial services applications.
- Have experience working on large-scale systems. Making them faster, more scalable, and fault-tolerant.
- Have demonstrated experience and interest in systems architecture.
- Are highly collaborative and love participating in code reviews and discussions about architecture, and/or design.
- Are knowledgeable about design patterns and testability; having experience with testing frameworks, performance and unit testing is very welcome.
- WordPress programming experience.
- Open source contributions.
- Contributions to programs designed to help underrepresented people enter the tech field.
- Experience collecting and using data to help inform product decisions.
- Good user experience instincts and product design opinions.
SPEAKING OF INTERESTS AND SKILLS, HERE ARE SOME AREAS IN WHICH YOU CAN GROW AND HAVE FURTHER IMPACT IN THE FUTURE AT THE COMPANY:
- Leadership – we offer a variety of leadership options to those who have interest, including becoming a team lead and managing releases.
- Learning and development – we have a generous personal development budget and encourage you to grow your skills through courses, books and conferences.
- Architecture – we encourage developers to develop expertise in the systems they work with, guide their evolution and mentor other developers working on them.
- Engineering effectiveness – we believe in helping other developers become more effective through tools, practices, cross-team collaborations, and process improvements.
HOW DO WE WORK?
- We’re kind to each other and our users – we strive to build a positive, supportive, and inclusive culture of cohesive teams focused on delivering value to our customers.
- We work as a global and distributed workforce resulting in a unique way of working built around our creed.
- We offer flexible work arrangements allowing our team members to work when they feel best.
- We open-source! We’re cool with open-sourcing everything except passwords, or secret keys.
- We ship often, deploying many times daily for hosted services, and at least monthly for on-premise/shipped software, with the help of peer code review, continuous integration, and our global workforce in over 70 countries.
- We welcome collaboration, and you can be involved in any discussion across our many communication channels.
- These are exciting times at Automattic and WooCommerce. You’ll have a unique opportunity to shape the future of our products. Join us! We look forward to hearing from you.
WHAT TO EXPECT
We know applying to jobs can be stressful and we want to ease the stress by giving clear expectations upfront about our process. We’ve outlined everything you need to know here including all of the steps in the process as well as how we approach hiring.
Please note that we are paying extra attention to your answers to the questions below. They are a significant part of the hiring process, and we will review them just like we would review any other step of the hiring process. We’re always iterating so if you happen to join us in the process, please feel free to offer feedback on what else we can include there!
We are the people behind WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Jetpack, Tumblr, Simplenote, Longreads, Day One, and more. We believe in making the web a better place.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1600 Automatticians in 80+ countries speaking 90+ different languages. We democratize publishing and commerce so anyone with a story can tell it, and anyone with a product can sell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or country.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION AT AUTOMATTIC
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.
Deadline for applications: 11.06.2022.
Oni su ljudi koji stoje iza WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Jetpack, Tumblr, WordPress VIP, Simplenote, Longreads, Crowdsignal, Atavist, Happy Tool idrugih. Ponosni su što su kompanije sa preko 1100 autmatičara u 75 zemalja koji govore preko 90 različitih jezika.