Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
Toptal is a quality-first company. While quality is the responsibility of the whole team, our Software Engineers in Test lead this effort. We believe that top quality can only be reached by ensuring this on the product, engineering, and team level. We believe that QA is more about communication and collaboration over documentation and processes and because of that, we follow a holistic approach.
In reference to the product, you will work closely with product managers to ensure the team builds the proper software that reaches company goals and brings value to its users. In reference to engineering, you will support fast and reliable delivery of software, leading and coordinating software assessment and testing activities. Last but not least, in your team, you will lead process transformations to improve quality and mentor your teammates to achieve exceptional quality outcomes.
By joining the Talent Engagement Acquisition team, you’ll have the opportunity to work with an established modern (React, TypeScript, Webpack, Babel, Jest, to name a few) front-end architecture, backed up with a robust backend tech stack of Ruby on Rails and GraphQL. For end-to-end tests, we are more and more extensively using Cypress as our primary testing framework.
At Toptal, we push the boundaries on what’s possible every single day, and we’d love for you to be a part of it! Our team’s mission is to give our network talents the tools to discover, apply, and interview for relevant jobs in a fast and easy way, while maximizing their chances of getting hired.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- Work on React web application focusing on integration front-end (Cypress) and contract (Pact) testing.
- Maintain, improve and develop the existing automated test suites across the project.
- Work closely with the product team, discuss upcoming features, review the design.
- Identify bottlenecks in the team’s processes and advise improvements.
- Encourage and teach developers to craft and implement tests in the most efficient way.
- Provide feedback, continuously improve as a professional.
In the first week, expect to:
- Meet the mentors that will guide you during the onboarding month;
- Get acquainted with our tech stack;
- Get familiar with our system architecture and all the tools that we use. Learn about the processes that we follow.
In the first month, expect to:
- Attend regular meetings, like technical calls, retrospectives, and the monthly Engineering All-hands meeting;
- Start working on regular team tasks and become familiar with the business domain.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Be actively engaged in the development of new features your team works on;
- Learn and take part in the utilization of the latest testing technologies;
- Develop automated tests to ensure that our products flawlessly support our business and behave at sky-high quality standards.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Become a key part of the team, be responsible for certain areas, and help others inside and outside of the team;
- Contribute to planning and executing multi-sprint initiatives inside our team;
- Develop your team’s trust to make strategic decisions in regard to tools or methods involved in the QA process.
In the first year, expect to:
- On-board, mentor, and be part of the interviewing team, in order to support the growth of our top-skilled engineering team;
- Become a champion of new ideas that will thrive to achieve the purpose of our company while ensuring the quality culture that we value the most;
- Take joy in deployment to production multiple times a day and collaborating daily with your team or other individuals while working in a distributed model.
- Have 5+ years of QA experience.
- Have a solid experience with Cypress.
- Familiarity with Contract Testing is a big plus.
- Familiarity with Ruby on Rails and GraphQL is a big plus.
- Full autonomy in every aspect of daily work - be able to unblock yourself by finding the right people or help.
- Being a team player - avoiding solo performances, helping others.
- Caring for the quality - eager to review code, writing tests for your code.
- Caring for architecture - applying best practices, using software design patterns, bringing ideas for improvements.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
Deadline for applications: 29.10.2021.