The candidate will be employed in the domestic company Qabadger d.o.o. which is a direct contractor of the Project44 company on the territory of Serbia.
At project44 we’re on a mission - to make supply chains work.
project44 optimizes the movement of products globally, delivering better resiliency, sustainability, and value for our customers. As the supply chain connective tissue, we operate the most trusted end-to-end visibility platform that tracks more than 1 billion shipments annually for the world’s leading brands. The undisputed leader in the market, project44 was named the Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, #1 in FreightWaves’ FreightTech 25, and the Customer’s Choice in Gartner Peer Insights’ Voice of the Customer report. project44 is headquartered in Chicago with a diverse and fast-growing, global workforce.
If you’re eager to be part of a winning team that works together to solve some of the most challenging supply chain challenges every day, let’s talk.
project44 is looking for a Senior Software Engineer who is passionate about technology, has a strong desire to learn and grow, and wants to be a part of a team that is pushing the boundaries of what's possible. You will work in a fast-paced agile environment designing, building, and implementing a best-in-class integrations platform to accelerate how project44 connects to the world’s logistics networks.
- Dive into the product side, translating the vision and high-level roadmap into a plan with feasible specifications and deliverables.
- Conception and implementation of core features including their alignment in the architecture.
- Collaborate with our product and engineering teams to design and implement new features.
- Building systems in a multi-cloud environment. We use GCP but value experience in other cloud environments such as AWS and Azure.
- Creating large scalable Java-based micro-services leveraging the Spring Boot and the Spring Portfolio.
- Mentor junior engineers and contribute to our engineering best practices and standards.
- Share ownership of all facets of software delivery, including development, operations and testing.
- You will assume on-call responsibilities for systems (together with the team) that are built and owned by your team. If local regulations require – we will compensate you for the duration of on-call.
- You will invest in tools, monitoring and automation to improve on-call experience for everyone on your team.
- 7+ years professional experience in software engineering, with at least 2 years of experience in a senior role.
- 5+ years of experience in building large scale and real-time or near real-time cloud systems.
- Strong programming and debugging skills, with proficiency in object-oriented programming, multithreading, networking, and memory management.
- Strong understanding of software development principles and methodologies.
- Event stores and stream-processing in Kafka.
- Building large scale and real time or near real time cloud systems.
- Google Cloud Platform or other cloud environments.
- Working with databases.
Desirable and helpful (but not necessary) are experience in:
- Building systems supporting many and varied integrations to third parties.
- Utilizing AI/ML for data insights and transformations.
- Creating API's/web services: REST, OpenAPI/Swagger is a plus.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies and development environments, parse through complex amounts of information, develop systems with reliability, monitoring and security in mind.
- Willing to learn, experiment, and think creatively.
- Effective communication skills, verbal and written.
Diversity & Inclusion
At project44, we're designing the future of how the world moves and is connected through trade and global supply chains. As we work to deliver a truly world-class product and experience, we are also intentionally building teams that reflect the unique communities we serve. We’re focused on creating a company where all team members can bring their authentic selves to work every day.
We’re building a company that every one of us at project44 is proud to work for, and our journey of becoming a more diverse, equitable and inclusive organization, where all have a sense of belonging, is shaped through the actions of our leadership, global teams and individual team members. We are resolute in our belief that each team member has an equal responsibility to mold and uphold our culture.
project44 is an equal opportunity employer seeking to enrich our work environment by creating opportunities for individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to thrive. If you share our values and our passion for helping the way the world moves, we’d love to review your application!
For any needed accommodations during the hiring process, please contact us electronically. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above job description you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.