Ball Corporation supplies innovative, sustainable packaging solutions for beverage, personal care and household products customers, as well as aerospace and other technologies and services primarily for the U.S. government. Ball Corporation and its subsidiaries employ 17,500 people worldwide and reported 2018 net sales of $11.6 billion. Ball is dedicated to creating an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Ball Corporation is committed to recruiting, training, compensating and promoting regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, or veteran status.
Founded in 1880, Ball Corporation was originally known for the glass canning jars your grandma used to use. Today, Ball manufactures aluminium packaging for beverage, personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and other technologies for commercial and government customers.
In 2019, the company started producing and marketing the first infinitely recyclable aluminium cup – another innovation that demonstrates our commitment to sustainability.
Ball’s largest business is the manufacture of recyclable beverage cans and ends. A lot of engineering and technology goes into making beverage packaging at speeds of more than 2,000 cans a minute. We operate beverage can facilities in the America, Africa, Middle East, Europe and in a few Asian countries – about one in every four beverage cans in the world is made by Ball – and our products are used by the most recognizable beverage brands in the world.
Ball is a Lean / Six Sigma environment – exposure to these tools and methods is preferred.
Ball Corporation is currently looking for a motivated and nimble person for the position:
Senior Solution Architect - Finance
(Location: GBS Belgrade)
Primary purpose of position:
The Senior Solution Architect (SA) is responsible for working with a team of cross-functional SAs within a community of practice. This leader is responsible for the process and development of solution architectures and designs that are responsive to finance functional needs while consistent with long term architectures of IT. The Senior SA is committed to nurturing and assuring the requisite knowledge and talent within the team and community to accomplish the department’s goals. The Senior SA role has primary responsibility for documenting the architecture and solution ecosystem, and ensures that technology solutions meet business requirements through key deliverables, process, and enterprise architectural requirements while aligning with long-term architectural goals. In addition, the Senior SA is responsible for evaluating and driving the selection of finance technologies required to support those technology solution plans, as well as supporting longer term roadmapping. The Senior SA also provides directional and technical leadership across Ball IT domains.
Reports to: Technology Capability Leader - Finance
- Provide leadership across the Finance solution landscape and communicate it with the architecture community of practice to drive end-to-end solution architectures and drive the consistency with other projects and/or applications within the long-term architectural roadmap
- Provide technical leadership to the business partners by interacting directly with senior IT & Finance leaders to develop the technical dimensions of a solution that meets the needs of the business
- Clearly communicate (verbally and in written form) with IT & Finance leaders to describe the technical solution comprehensively, and address questions regarding the technical solution and landscape
- Understand current technology, solutions, and industry trends and conceptualize solutions that address business needs, opportunities and issues. Facilitate discussion on solution options/alternatives and associated impacts.
- Support the enterprise architecture team by providing input into the long term architectural vision for systems and platforms that have an impact on the capability/service delivery area
- Validate the alignment of solutions with corporate standards and compliance requirements
- Support the development of technical requirements for the solution, inclusive of configuration, data, process, security, and quality and document the necessary landscape needs for communicating with all IT & Finance stakeholders
- In collaboration with BCs ensure that the roadmap of technologies are aligned with the application inventory/lifecycle/TCO established, and effectively manages the technology portfolio to maximize the return on IT investment thus reducing technical debt and mitigating business risks
- Have knowledge and ability to assess impacts of proposed solution and the need to engage (internal and external) resources that may be required to build and implementation sustainable solutions through challenging the designs and documenting the solutions to align with architectural intent
- Maintain knowledge of technical products and services in order to assess impact to production environment of proposed design (inclusive of applications and infrastructure)
- Provide technical guidance to develop solution ideas and provide input for internal delivery teams and/or suppliers in developing solution delivery estimates
- Review and approve solutions such that the technical requirements are complete, thorough, and representative of all business requirements
- Understand methods and practices for solution development/build in order to support holistic technical requirements for the solution, inclusive of configuration, security, and quality
- Drive the preparation for the architectural review process (e.g., ARB) to facilitate discussions, stage gates, and required documentation
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college or graduate degree level education or work-related experience
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering or similar
- 5+ years of experience as a Solution Architect
- Minimum 10 total years’ experience in other technical roles such as developer or system analyst
- Strong consultative skills at a cross functional level
- Experience with analysis level tools for: activity diagrams, business use cases, business rules, and system level features
- Experience in Enterprise Architecture frameworks (TOGAF or similar is preferred)
- Broad based platform and technical exposure and complete software development lifecycle perspective
- Good presentation and communication skills, with the ability to translate and clearly formulate technical issues for technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Strong project and team management skills
- Experience managing teams of solution architects in the delivery and implementation of software systems and platforms
- Experience in managing a global, multinational and remote teams in a matrix environment
Demonstrated Ball Leadership Skills:
- Inspirational Role Model–Understands themselves and seeks opportunities to learn. Shows composure, responding consistently, openly, and courageously in all situations.
- Authentic Leadership–Demonstrates humility in the way they lead others. Takes a stand for what is right and admits their mistakes.
- Leadership Presence–Inspires trust in the broader organization. Acts on a sense of what the organization most needs to elevate its impact and move forward through complexity.
- Relationship Builder–Listens and empathizes, engages a wide range of people. Embraces peoples’ differences and helps every individual feel special and valued.
- People Grower–Encourages leadership in others and takes risks to help others grow. Champions collaboration across the organization.
- Culture Champion–Consciously evolves the culture to help secure the future of the business. Recognizes where behaviors need to change and how to change them.
- Results Oriented–A desire to make things happen, sets stretch goals, and motivates others to achieve them. Always looking to create a better result for customers.
- Future Catalyst–Communicates a vision of the future that compels others and helps them see around corners. Embraces change, takes risks, and seeks diverse perspectives.
- Breakthrough Strategist–Sees connections others don’t see. Translates this new insight into break-through strategies that open up new directions. Enrolls others in the new.
If you are interested in the above position and your profile fits with the above requirements, please send us your resume.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.